Author Topic: Just Another Day: Just Another Discussion Thread  (Read 138824 times)

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
Re: Just Another Day: Just Another Discussion Thread
That was incredible.

It was like a love-letter and a send-off to both Freespace and it's community.

I loved every second of it.

The ending was great and surprisingly sentimental too

Infinity + 10 out of 10.  no mention of shivans on planes.

:cool:
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
Can I also say how much I loved the part when
Spoiler:
Holly and Alex fly through Alpha 1's memories? (Alpha 1 Forever) I mean going through; FS1, FS2, Derelict, Blue Planet:AoA, one or two other mods I've evidently never played but absolutely should, and all the Beta Testers, was really fun; and the part before that with the classic FS2 mission setup. (Alpha 1 Returns / Surrender! Belisarius!)

I enjoyed that so flipping much!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:58:36 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Axem

Yes. Yes, you can say that. I would never dream of stopping you.

Offline Darius

Axem be like:

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
For some reason, I suddenly have the urge to rewatch 300 again. Eh, there's probably no reason for that. :P
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Offline Axem

Gonna be one last patch (or I hope it'll be last) in a week or so.

I saw a lot of people mention having difficulty in Alpha 1 Forever (or at least they had to restart so many times). I was thinking of doing the following...
Spoiler:
For difficulties Medium and below:
Third Beta Tester has a 10-20 second beam free delay
Eleventh Beta Tester won't attack until it's cores are destroyed (just like in the original mission)

I think that might allow the player a bit more time to score some easy wins and not get completely overwhelmed.

Unless you guys like that.

Offline Axem

And I managed to fix that mysterious crash that happens after winning the boss fight in "Wrath of a Stood-Up Bride"! Major kudos to SL1 for helping me find the issue!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
speaking of needing patches, um
Spoiler:
in the first campaign when you control both delta 1 and holly to take out (I think the Eleventh Beta Tester?) things are very borked- I have no weapons until I switch but the guns I get after switching have no effect on the color cores.

even stranger is that this does not stop you from playing the mission as the AI fighter can still damage the cores just fine, and does so very quickly.
you can only win the mission by not playing the mission.  (insert wargames joke)

I didn't do an all-though test tho, so you might want to take a look at it yourself first.

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
I also have a gripe about balance:
Spoiler:
In Cake Eater, the Seranerges are equipped with Flames of Justice for some reason and the Iapetus gets knocked to like 5% if you get hit by one of those. In my last playthrough I had to do like 4 retries because of that.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline Axem

DefCynodont119: Just to confirm, is that the last boss mission of JAD2.21? I'll check it out.

Thisisaverylongusername: Duly noted!

I also have a gripe about balance:
Spoiler:
In Cake Eater, the Seranerges are equipped with Flames of Justice for some reason and the Iapetus gets knocked to like 5% if you get hit by one of those. In my last playthrough I had to do like 4 retries because of that.

I legit thought that was a challenge. :nervous:

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
DefCynodont119: Just to confirm, is that the last boss mission of JAD2.21? I'll check it out.

Yeah.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:

My hat is off to you, Axem.  This is impressive on so many levels.  The creativity, the technical skill, the mastery of so many areas of modding (scripting, model work, FREDding, art), and the sheer extravagance of JUST ADD EVERYTHING.  Outstanding work. :yes:

Yes, even if takes 9 years, I do get around to crossing things off my to-do list.