Author Topic: How to add mechs to MCO  (Read 29035 times)

Offline magic

Re: How to add mechs to MCO
if I understand you correctly then I could use EITHER 34049 (reference number from mc2res.dl) OR I can use string_name (Jagermech_whatever_I_want_to_name_it_for_the_editor)

Yes.

Offline magic

Okay, here is version 1 of re-write .

Only one correction:

GroupID is used for objects menu in editor. There are many groups eg:
3 - Turrets,
4 - IS Light and Medium Mechs
21 - IS Heavy and Assault Mechs
22 - Clan Light and Medium Mechs
23 - Clan Heavy and Assault Mechs
5 - Flamable Things ...

Offline mikeva1

I will include that. Thanks. I simple had not checked enough to have been able to add them.

Offline Ma.Din

Hey, Magic or Karl.

Can you take a look at this Catapult Mech and see why it's STILL crashing the ASE converter? This was done, again, by scratch and I thought I figured out what I was doing wrong, but it's still not working correctly. It's in a max format, this time, so you should have any problems opening it.

:banghead:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j6c-wTJ7xXC9SpeN6rCcWa1Jldw1Xy31

Also, in case anyone else is interested, here is a link to Max 7, with the ASE plugin and the necessary dll files to make it run. Put the dlls in the main directory and the plugin in the plugins directory. Now, Max 7 doesn't close properly, so make sure to Alt +F4 to close it cleanly. Otherwise, it locks up and crashes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dWnBRJHdWMaQOKakzIhvIywHkHczLlfy

"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Offline Ma.Din

Nevermind, I got it.  ;7 I'll post a new tutorial, when I'm done with building the skeletal rigs for max and maya. I've already successfully used Motion Builder to convert the original ASE animations to BVH and put them in game.  :D

[Edit] - One more thing, when using Max 7, check to make sure that it properly closes. Sometimes, it leaves the application running, even though it  "closes" the application.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 10:43:58 am by Ma.Din »
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

Offline zzc

uh, where are the blood asp animation files? I cannot seem to find them, and fst ripper cannot open tgl.fst. I want to clone the mech for a new superheavy mech idea.