Haven't seen this reported elsewhere and didn't see a specific bug thread, so I'll pop it here.
When progressing into a new mission, mechs are available for purchase and pilots can be hired; upon loading game, however, no mechs are available for purchase and no pilots can be hired.
1. In MCO, load a game where you would expect to see new mechs and pilots available (I've seen this in both the MW2 and Carver V campaigns so far).
2. Click NEXT. The Drop screen appears.
3. Click MECH PURCHASING. Should see no mechs available for purchase.
4. Click CANCEL.
5. Click NEXT. The Pilots screen appears.
6. Click HIRE. The Hiring screen appears. Should see no pilots available to hire.
Hope this is helpful.