Author Topic: Looking for modders for my space RTS game  (Read 1469 times)

Offline valenn

Looking for modders for my space RTS game
Hello,

I am working on a freeware space RTS game and have reached a level where it is kinda ready to "face the public". Most of game mechanics work, however I am no good at modeling and texturing, and since this was until now one-man project, I have no assets that would form a playable game.

Therefore I've come here to ask for help. I am looking for people to create 3D models, textures, whatever; create playable "mod" or just test out hardware compatibility and usability of game editor. There is no requirement on skill level (I cannot be picky, right?) or original work (some port of FreeSpace would be awesome... or port of anything else for that matter)

You can find website of project at soil.url.ph to learn more

Or check some sort of trailer at youtube
Spoiler: you may recognize one ship

Please consider helping me, or telling anyone that could be interested. I would really appreciate it
Thank you

--

Note: this is totally not a spam, even if it looks so. Sorry for soiling your forums ;)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Re: Looking for modders for my space RTS game
Did you want original assets? If so, that's a lot harder to come by.

You are already using Shivan Hunter's Prominence (which isn't explicitly CC-BY-SA but he did mention that it can be used for mods, so you should ask just to clarify), so you might consider using the TF Ion, Proton, and Electron as well. Maybe add in the Europa too.

Offline valenn

I've stated in original post that I don't require "original work" (what I mean is that design doesn't has to be your own, or even base models (some changes are required, like splitting mesh to subsystems, and optionally, creating levels of damage))

As for Shivan Hunter's Prominence (I asked him if it is ok to use it outside of FreeSpace) I only did most basic porting, without modeling damage. That is what I want people to do for me :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Moved this topic to the proper subforum.

I had a quick look at the package - coming from FRED (and I know, we FS modders are spoiled by FRED) and PCS2, the editor here seems very non-intuitive. I initially thought it was a mission editor, but now I'm starting to think that it's actually a ship builder? If so, how do we go about testing ships once we get them into the engine - is there a way to generate single player test missions?

Also, if you provided a basic rigged dae that could be used as a template, that might be very valuable.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline valenn

Moved this topic to the proper subforum.

I had a quick look at the package - coming from FRED (and I know, we FS modders are spoiled by FRED) and PCS2, the editor here seems very non-intuitive. I initially thought it was a mission editor, but now I'm starting to think that it's actually a ship builder? If so, how do we go about testing ships once we get them into the engine - is there a way to generate single player test missions?

Also, if you provided a basic rigged dae that could be used as a template, that might be very valuable.

I guess I should do a quick video tutorial then ;)

It actually is all-around editor. If you downloaded the bigger package, there are already some ships build. You can create testing scenario by using buttons in lower right corner ("Add green ship","Add blue ship", etc.) to add ships or add fightergroups to selected ships. These will be added at camera center immediately. This video should make it perfectly clear

I am not sure what you mean by "rigged dae". Editor treats "dae" only as a bunch of meshes with optionally material names assigned to them. There is no prerequisite like naming convention, hierarchies or helper objects. I've tried to do it this way initially, but it was too big mess (at least for me). I guess I will do a very quick video tutorial on how to build a ship.

If you have any tips on how to make it more intuitive, I am open to suggestions. Thank you for feedback

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Hm..intruiging.

I do have some original models lying around somewhere. Will have to see.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline valenn

Warning: shameless necro :bump: incoming

Sorry for necroing the thread, but it seems to me better than to soil the forums with another thread...

Since there was exactly half a person interested last time, I did some updates to my game to possibly attract some attention. This comes with "single-player" tutorial mission which will try to show you what the game has to offer (of course, it does not try to tell you that GUI is not a placeholder, or that the existing content is not garbage).

So if remotely interested, please consider downloading the game at soil.url.ph and give it a try.

Just to make my intentions clear, I am looking for some content creators, and it doesn't matter if the content is original or some conversion. (e.g. FreeSpace mod would be totally great)