Author Topic: Star Wars Attack Squadrons cancelled  (Read 2127 times)

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Star Wars Attack Squadrons cancelled
 :(

OFFICIAL NOTE:

"We want to thank all of the fans who participated in the closed beta of Star Wars: Attack Squadrons," the Attack Squadrons website now reads.

"After much consideration, we have decided to cease development so that we can focus on other Star Wars game experiences. We truly appreciate the time you spent engaging in the beta."

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons aimed to allow players to customise their own versions of iconic Star Wars ships such as X-Wings and TIE fighters, with multiplayer fights of up to 16 players supported. It entered a closed beta period in January; this has now been taken offline.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/24/star-wars-attack-squadrons-cancelled

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Star Wars Attack Squadrons cancelled
Why am I only just aware of this?? Would've loved a 181stTie Interceptor with a wookie skull motif.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Would be nice to know someone who has the beta, there is a demo around there...   :)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Another FTP multiplayer shooter. I'm sort of glad they decided it to be a waste of time. Maybe they'll make a new game with a proper story mode and incorporating the elements from the new movie. Though I don't think we'll see the next X-Wing:Alliance anytime soon, Attack Squadrons certainly wasn't going to be anything close to it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I would like to see another Rogue Squadron installment.  We could call it III and pretend rebel strike never happened.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
What's most bothersome in that article is this:

A ten-year exclusivity deal between EA and Disney was signed last year, granting EA exclusive rights to develop Star Wars games for "core audiences;"

How "dangerous" is EA/Disney to free, fanmade projects? I'm not sure how threatening they find freedom of expression...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
attack squadrons wasn't what most read it as... it was browser based and more like crimson skies lite.
had a fair amount of network problems as random deaths too.

I'm sure with Xwing and Tie on GOG being in the best sellers list, Disney and by extension, EA, will get around to making
something with flight combat to fill that hole.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
I´m agree, this game not going to be like X-Wing or Tie-Fighter, I just wanted to share the notice.