Author Topic: Trouble running Mods  (Read 8672 times)

Offline XDPD7

When I launch blue planet 1&2 and wings of dawn, i receive the following errors:

The currently active mod has generated "X" warnings and/or errors during program start up. these could be caused by anything from incorrectly formatted table files to corrupt models...

I've tried every single fs2_open launcher ranging from fs2_open_3_6_17_SSE2_BP.exe to fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_SSE.exe

I do not receive this error when launching derelict or fsport.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline XDPD7

used fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_SSE-DEBUG.exe

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It seems that, at the very least, your MV_radarIcons.vp from the MediaVPs is corrupted. Please delete that file, and try again.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline XDPD7

Re-downloaded, but no luck.

I ran each mod with fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_SSE.exe  - I get to a splash screen before the game defaults back to my desktop with a whole bunch of errors. Clicking ok just brings another box with more errors and so on and so forth.

Launching fs2_open_3_6_17_SSE2_BP.exe, I get the error as I indicated in my first post. However, I am at least able to get to the mission briefings before I experience the same error as with fs2_open_3_7_2_RC4_SSE.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I did not say redownload. I said delete that file and try again. Let's get the debug builds to get you to the mainhall without spewing errors first, then we're gonna see if there's any additional fixing to be done. Please post new debug logs. If they show the same error as the ones you posted already, delete the file I mentioned, and try again.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline XDPD7

File deleted.

Here are the logs.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Are they the correct logs? They look identical to the previous set you posted.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline XDPD7

Yes, I deleted my old set prior to attaching these new ones.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
OK, then you haven't removed MV_RadarIcons.vp yet.  Can you please delete that file then create new logs?

Code: [Select]
Found root pack 'F:\Freespace 2\Wings of Dawn\WoD-Core.vp' with a checksum of 0x74adff1f
Found root pack 'F:\Freespace 2\Wings of Dawn\WoD-Sound.vp' with a checksum of 0x7b2cfb6e
Found root pack 'F:\Freespace 2\Wings of Dawn\WoD-Visual.vp' with a checksum of 0x52398661
ASSERTION: "max_size > header_offset" at cfile.cpp:1734
 max_size (0) > header_offset in packfile F:\Freespace 2\mediavps_3612\MV_RadarIcons.vp
Int3(): From c:\code\fs2_open_3_7_2_rc4\code\globalincs\windebug.cpp at line 1041
----
----

Offline XDPD7

I also had MV_RadarIcons.vp in another folder "mediavps_3612" which I've deleted entirely.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I also had MV_RadarIcons.vp in another folder "mediavps_3612" which I've deleted entirely.
You... deleted the contents of mediavps_3612 when WoD requires the 3.6.12 MediaVPs? Also, those versions of Blue Planet seem to be out of date and also require the 3.6.12 MediaVPs.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline XDPD7

I have 2 "mediavp" folders in game directory. "mediavps_3612" which only had MV_RadarIcons.vp and "mediavps_2014" which has all .vp files excluding MV_RadarIcons.vp.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
WoD and the versions of blueplanet/blueplanet2 that you have require the mediavps_3612 (which is different to mediavps_2014).  You'll need to have both directories with the contents being similar to the list below (which is what I've got on my current computer).

Code: [Select]
mediavps_2014:
FSU-MVP.bmp  FSU-MVP_small.bmp  mod.ini  MV_Advanced.vp  MV_A-Glows.vp  MV_Assets.vp  MV_CB_ANI_1.vp  MV_CB_ANI_2.vp  MV_Effects.vp  MV_Music.vp  MV_RadarIcons.vp  MV_Root.vp  readme.txt

mediavps_3612/:
             mod.ini         MV_AnimGlows.vp    MV_Assets.vp    MV_CB_ANI_2.vp      MV_Effects.vp  MV_RadarIcons.vp  MV_Root.vp
FSU-MVP.bmp  MV_Advanced.vp  MV_Assets.3612.vp  MV_CB_ANI_1.vp  MV_Effects.3612.vp  MV_Music.vp    MV_Root.3612.vp   readme.txt
----
----

I have 2 "mediavp" folders in game directory. "mediavps_3612" which only had MV_RadarIcons.vp and "mediavps_2014" which has all .vp files excluding MV_RadarIcons.vp.

Yep, that's the problem. You need to reinstall MediaVPs 3.6.12.
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?

Offline XDPD7

Thanks for the help, we're getting somewhere :).   All mods work now, however, the opening cinematic for AoA and WiH2 are extremely slow and choppy. Any settings I need to disable?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Your log suggests you have a recent 200 series Radeon video card? That should be fine to play FSO on max settings.  Maybe you're still running the debug executable?  If you are then switch back to the "release" executable and it should run fine.
----
----

Offline XDPD7

Still the same problem. Lowered the resolution to 1280x720, no improvement.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Graphics driver is up to date?

Update audio driver? Try open al soft instead of creative open al?

Offline XDPD7

Try open al soft instead of creative open al?

Where do I do that? If it's in the FSO launcher,  video tab and graphics, I only have OpenGl as a drop down choice.

Graphics and audio drivers are up to date.