Author Topic: SOS Help Needed  (Read 1997 times)

I've tryed my hand at texturin and to put bluntly they came out crap, I'm usin Paint Pro 7 so could some one tell me am i not doin it right or am I using a balls program for texturin. Oh and how do u use Truespace 2 im havin trouble makin anythin that resembles a ship.
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to  Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
You're going to have to be more specific about your problems - PSP is a powerful program, but you can't expect to just jump on and be an expert. If you're having a specific problem, someone may be able to help, but if your textures are just poor generally, then all that will help is practice and experience - though there are a lot[/b] of psp tutorials around for various special effects.

As for TS I've got no experience, but I think you'll run into the same problem - either give us specific problems, or just practice, practice practice :D

Oh, and Welcome to the HLP BB. We recently upgraded the shotguns to flamethrowers - they're under yor seats. Exits are all around and clearly marked :D.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Where can i find a tutorial that deals mainly if not totally with psp7 and doesnt JUST outline the basics
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to  Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I would be interested in one of those too. As for help with TS a good place to start looking for help is Here

Most of the tutorials are about making more mundane items so just read them until you get a feel for the tools in Truespace. Then just mess around with a cube until you know the basics of how the tools work :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Thunder Hammer
Where can i find a tutorial that deals mainly if not totally with psp7 and doesnt JUST outline the basics

Again you're going to have to be more specific. There are literally thousands of image effect specific tutorials out there...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=Paint+Shop+Pro+tutorials

Google is always a good place to start, and I've found a few good tuts here

http://graphicssoft.about.com/?once=true&
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Just practice.....  look at the current maps and how they're shaded, in particular.  and also try and learn about the transparency system - that';s useful for adding decals.  

The airbrush is good for lighting effects, too....  i takes time.  took me a good few months, although I've largely stopped using psp now.

Wot do u use now.