Author Topic: X-Wing by Fantasy Flight Games  (Read 13383 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: X-Wing by Fantasy Flight Games
XXX is so tough but I feel so good whenever I get a win! Scotty I saw your latest XXX, really like the ion torps on Wedge...but I can't give up that proton torpedo crit kicker...

Are you cool with going full 100 points? Don't feel the need for an initiative bid?

Here's me right now:

XXX TORPS

99 points

PILOTS

Wedge Antilles (38)
X-Wing (29), BB-8 (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Predator (3), Guidance Chips (0)

Wes Janson (35)
X-Wing (29), R3-A2 (2), Proton Torpedoes (4), Guidance Chips (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26)
X-Wing (25), R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The SC I went to over the weekend was full to bursting of PS 9 and PS 8, but higher than that was sparse.  I counted, among all  lists that I played with, against, and adjacent to, a grand total of two other PS 10s (Poe, Boba) and one PS 11 (Vader).

I'm confident enough in my skill as a player to deal with PS matchups that I was willing to sacrifice the PS advantage and initiative bid (to being "merely" 9/9/9) in order to bring an answer for the last list metatype I had difficulty dealing with.

Using Predator and Chips is almost mandatory though.  You'll still average enough hits to punch through most anything, with the possible exception of a turtled up Soontir at range 3.

I like the double torps you've got going.  I prefer Flechette on Wes, if only for the utter dick move of double stressing and then ripping off between one and three tokens depending on rolls and target.  I also toyed with the idea of flying Tarn instead of Luke, and launching the torp at whoever chose poorly in the combat phase.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:42:00 am by Scotty »

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Colonel Vessery (35)
Adaptability (0)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Adaptability (0)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Countess Ryad (34)
Adaptability (0)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

this might be fun :)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
My XXX list has now logged three consecutive 100-0 victories against online opponents.  I'm really liking how it's turning out.