Author Topic: FreeSpace Port 3.5 + FSPort Media VPs Release!  (Read 109060 times)

Re: FreeSpace Port 3.5 + FSPort Media VPs Release!
Apollo was added. Next FSPort release has unknown ETA.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It will probably be a month or more before the next FSPort version is ready, due to RL commitments.  If it were me, I wouldn't wait.

Pfft, I mean, it's only a global plague, that's like only one planet!
Seriously though, we appreciate the work.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
3.6! :O

In Small Deadly Space, the Omega transport is a scannable target and jumps in as already scanned. This may be a holdover from FS1, but it makes little sense within the context of the mission.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great news! We needed the new FSPort release so badly.  :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
3.6! :O

Yup!  I'll make a new thread when the FSPort MVPs are out.

In Small Deadly Space, the Omega transport is a scannable target and jumps in as already scanned. This may be a holdover from FS1, but it makes little sense within the context of the mission.

All friendly ships are "cargo known" by default, so this is just "scanned" by default.  It appears that Volition made this ship "scannable" to prevent the player from finding the weapon prototypes after the fact.  You have to scan them when they're on the cargo container, or else you lose your chance after the Omega takes them.

Offline Antares

Enter the Dragon.

If you disable Arjuna 1, but the explosion from the Shakti subsequently destroys it and you jump out, you'll be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross... and be grounded for three months. :P

EDIT: Radar icons (3.7.2) for the Eva and the Lucifer aren't showing up properly in Playing Judas, but they worked just fine in Evangelist and Doomsday.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 10:30:30 pm by Antares »
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
3.6 is out says my Knossos, yeah!
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
EDIT: Radar icons (3.7.2) for the Eva and the Lucifer aren't showing up properly in Playing Judas, but they worked just fine in Evangelist and Doomsday.

Because these two ships are being represented by unique variants for this mission, in order to preserve scanning behavior like in FS1*, they are not included in the MVPs radar icons table. Giving them radar icons used to be handled by the FS-Port MVPs which have not been updated yet.

* Technically the variants are no longer required as that kind of scanning behavior is now toggleable, but the makers of FS-Port have always been dedicated to a high degree of backwards comaptibility.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Got 3.6 yesterday already; with language packages for german etc. 
Wanted to ask how to activate them; but today only the italian language package is available for 3.6.   
I think language choice is/was a future feature that was deployed by accident?
My english isnt very good. Please forgive me :)

Offline Antares

In Running the Gauntlet, once Omega 1 jumps out, all of your wingmen will automatically be ordered to defend Omega 2. This can trip up your wingmen, who will probably be dogfighting with fighters from the Lucifer by that time; you need to manually issue a new order for them to engage the enemy, or they'll get themselves shot down.

Offline AV8R

I'd image the newly-styled GTD Orion won't be in the next FSPort MediaVps release due to a lot of its new styling elements being obviously focused on beam weapons points (green spots everywhere), which of course were not part of the original Freespace story. Or maybe there was a 2nd "green-spotless" version of the new Orion developed specifically for use with FSPort?

Or are we just to ignore those little details and move on with our lives?  :P

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If you disable Arjuna 1, but the explosion from the Shakti subsequently destroys it and you jump out, you'll be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross... and be grounded for three months. :P

Ha!  Okay, I'll fix that.

0rph3u5 has the right answer.  Wait for the new FSPort MVPs.

Because these two ships are being represented by unique variants for this mission, in order to preserve scanning behavior like in FS1*, they are not included in the MVPs radar icons table. Giving them radar icons used to be handled by the FS-Port MVPs which have not been updated yet.

* Technically the variants are no longer required as that kind of scanning behavior is now toggleable, but the makers of FS-Port have always been dedicated to a high degree of backwards comaptibility.

As of the 3.6 release, the mission now includes SCP-specific logic to toggle the scanning.  The ships are now scannable capital ships with the full scan duration.

Got 3.6 yesterday already; with language packages for german etc. 
Wanted to ask how to activate them; but today only the italian language package is available for 3.6.   
I think language choice is/was a future feature that was deployed by accident?

No, the language packs are officially released.  (In fact, they were released for 3.5 but never put on Knossos.)  I tried to edit the mod metadata and it looks like I accidentally made the language packs unavailable.  I'll push a 3.6.1 release and hopefully that will fix it.

In Running the Gauntlet, once Omega 1 jumps out, all of your wingmen will automatically be ordered to defend Omega 2. This can trip up your wingmen, who will probably be dogfighting with fighters from the Lucifer by that time; you need to manually issue a new order for them to engage the enemy, or they'll get themselves shot down.

I looked at the mission.  The AI has initial orders to guard Omega 2 with a priority of 88, but there aren't any orders that are explicitly triggered via event.  Just use good wingman management; any player orders will take priority.

I'd image the newly-styled GTD Orion won't be in the next FSPort MediaVps release due to a lot of its new styling elements being obviously focused on beam weapons points (green spots everywhere), which of course were not part of the original Freespace story. Or maybe there was a 2nd "green-spotless" version of the new Orion developed specifically for use with FSPort?

Or are we just to ignore those little details and move on with our lives?  :P

Please actually wait for the FSPort MVPs release before jumping to any conclusions about it. :rolleyes:

There is an Orion_FS1 model included in the MVPs, which the Port will use.  It's in the standard MVPs right now if you want to look at it.

Offline AV8R

Please actually wait for the FSPort MVPs release before jumping to any conclusions about it. :rolleyes:

There is an Orion_FS1 model included in the MVPs, which the Port will use.  It's in the standard MVPs right now if you want to look at it.

My post was meant to be completely tongue-in-cheek. You guys could paint purple elephants all over the Orion's hull and I'd still think FSO was the best thing since sliced bread (and i do like my bread sliced).  :lol:

I'm sure the new MediaVPs will exceed expectations (they always do).  :yes:

Cheers, guys!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:37:39 pm by AV8R »

No, the language packs are officially released.  (In fact, they were released for 3.5 but never put on Knossos.)  I tried to edit the mod metadata and it looks like I accidentally made the language packs unavailable.  I'll push a 3.6.1 release and hopefully that will fix it.

That fixed it, thank you! :)
My english isnt very good. Please forgive me :)