Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1675 times)

Hi all,

I am not 100% new to HLP but it has been many years since I had an account here. I figured I would start fresh - I'm a software developer and amateur game designer. To clarify: that means I generally write code and help in the process of creating/maintaining applications for a living but I'm making games for a side project without pay.

I'm currently working on an RTS using the Unity game engine. I'm scripting/coding it in C#. Game engines these days have come a LONG way and I'm excited to see the FreeSpace engine has too! It's outstanding to see all these years later that mods are still being made.

As a forewarning, I'm not here to promote my game or side projects, so if you're curious about my experience there you can PM me. I'm also probably not going to get involved in modding here (not a lot, at least). However, I do intend to get around to designing a space sim one of these days and the number one audience I know I'd have to impress is the modern players of FreeSpace 2 (and arguably Star Citizen soon).

I'm excited to be here and I hope the community continues plugging along!

Offline Kesser

Hi all!

I was reading HL for long time and finally decided to register... And then I took my time before writing anything. Sorry  :p

Few words about me - I play FS for about 15 years now, but it truly captured my heart only few years back, when I got my hands on English version (played polish) and all the great stuff people are making. I rediscovered this game. More important I got more in-depth with the story and background stuff (still digging in). I'm FS fan, but I'm SF fan more, especially Hard-SF, but with soft spot for things like space fighters.

I'm not a moder, so don't expect anything like that from me. Rather I'm writer, so I'm in making stories going through reference materials. Hope I can be of some use to you guys :)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.