Author Topic: World of Warships - Now Available  (Read 277955 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: World of Warships - Closed Beta
There is not and has never been an aimbot; an aim assist doesn't work like that. My screenshots upthread show you what it looks like; WG never properly removed that prediction feature, they just hid it. The Aim Assist reactivated it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
WoooooooooWOOOOOOOOOOO

On a role.

South Carolina turns like crazy.
It took 1 destroyer and 4 torpedo bomber wings to kill me with torps.

Wyoming is a beast, if slow.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

The New York is a good ship, too.  Has a good AA screen, 10 14" inch cannons, and keeps the turning radius of the earlier ships.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
* StarSlayer unlocked the lady who shares his name, together they sow fire and mayhem.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Some more pretty stuff.

Wyoming 1942 showing her teeth.

Closeup of the midships area showing off secondaries and AA. Check out the paravane hanging off number two turret.

As I told the Myogi "***** I HAVE MORE AFT BATTERY THAN YOUR WHOLE SHIP"

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I just killed an North Carolina with my Amagi's 140mms on Ocean.  We were both top tier BBs and I headed over to engage him but before I got there he must have had a connection drop or something because he was AFK.  So I cruised over and let the secondaries at him while I engaged active OpFor with my main battery.  A half a minute later I'm still chucking rounds down range at the last enemy Nagato when I get the notification the NoCar is toast.

Remember kids unattended fires are bad.

Offline crizza

BBs... so many BBs...
I capped and won the battle... Haters gonna hate :lol:

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So I've been pushing the US BB line.

Up to Tier 8 (North Carolina)
Impressions so far:
- overall their BB's have shorter gun range, but are good. Lots of firepower, small turning circle. Early lack of AA and scout don't start till tier 7.
So far the worst ship in the line is Colorado (tier 7). While you can be deadly in it, the combo of slow turning guns, slow fireing guns, slow speed (20knt) and short range make it less fun that the others.

NC is a beast.
Next is the Iowa, and from what I've seen so far, it is a beast on steroids.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Since I got my new computer assembled I've been playing this (bought the Yubari package) and have had a good time so far, but currently I'm getting a bit frustrated with my Kongo. I want to keep going up the Japanese BB line, but I'm still confused as to how to play them properly. :confused:

At the moment, either I cautiously stay at mid to long range and don't get much damage (because of my mediocre aim), or try to play a bit aggressively and more often than not get swarmed and cut to pieces, usually by torpedoes from DDs or torpedo bombers. So... how should I be playing the Kongo and the later BBs?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
If your on NA, look for guides by Higgle on the forums.  Kongo is a very comfortable blend of speed and firepower.

In general try to stay around 15km, she can reach out to 21km but connecting gets a bit iffy, 15-10 km is the the sweet spot for her guns.  Her 14" have a long flight time due to the arc but once you get enough reps with her guns you should get the feel for the lead required.  When you can consistently judge the lead and hit the target then you want to refine it further so you can get citadel shots by hitting under turrets or stacks near the waterline.  Because or her origins as battlecruiser her armor is dependable but not really great try to angle it to maximize thickness and deflections.  On the plus side she is pretty damn fast for a battle wagon, especially at her Tier you can use that speed to evade shots with a little zig zag action.

If you have any specific questions let us know.

Offline Sololop

I'm slowly improving, I have a bad habit of constantly being overexposed and taking the brunt of the damage that BB's shell out at the start of the match. Playing cruiser, I've determined a good strategy is to hang back, and move up and pick off isolated, damaged, ships. Or, hunt DD's hiding in their fog, as you can usually maneuver away from their torpedoes and a good few hits of HE will disable their pods anyway so they are highly outclassed to yourself.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Got enough battles for my Arkansas now

In my first ever real battle, in a stock Erie, I got three kills, three fires, and my team won 8-0.

This is a fun game.

EDIT: Oh, it's all bots at starting tiers. Still fun though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:26:43 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If your on NA, look for guides by Higgle on the forums.  Kongo is a very comfortable blend of speed and firepower.

In general try to stay around 15km, she can reach out to 21km but connecting gets a bit iffy, 15-10 km is the the sweet spot for her guns.  Her 14" have a long flight time due to the arc but once you get enough reps with her guns you should get the feel for the lead required.  When you can consistently judge the lead and hit the target then you want to refine it further so you can get citadel shots by hitting under turrets or stacks near the waterline.  Because or her origins as battlecruiser her armor is dependable but not really great try to angle it to maximize thickness and deflections.  On the plus side she is pretty damn fast for a battle wagon, especially at her Tier you can use that speed to evade shots with a little zig zag action.

If you have any specific questions let us know.
Thanks for this. I haven't played that often since I saw this so I haven't had much of a chance to really put some practice into mastering Kongo, and I've moved its commander into my new Fuso, but since I intend to keep it, I have plenty of time.

Also, I've had a bit of fun in aircraft carriers too. They're easier than I thought they would be, though I guess it gets harder to manage them as you get more planes on board. Unfortunately when I moved from Hosho to Zuiho my first (and so far only) three matches ended in losses. I felt I personally didn't too do badly, though.

Still am rubbish with the Yubari though. Guess I need to practice cruiser combat a bit more.

EDIT: Oh, it's all bots at starting tiers. Still fun though.
Yeah, you have to level up before you can play random battles. You can always go back to co-op, though, which is a good way to blow off steam if you've had one too many losses in random. :p

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Got a beta key off of the humble bundle thing. Am now up to the Wyoming.

This game is so much fun.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

This was an amazing battle for me. I sunk a cruiser with three hits to the citadel and a torpedo strike, then I sunk a battleship with a hit to the citadel and a full broadside of torpedoes fired from 4km out. I sunk before they hit, but it was beautiful watching that bb go down.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I hate battleship gameplay. Slow, boring, and aiming is too hard, cannon fodder for absolutely every other ship class.
I don't respect BBs at all.

Destroyer? Torp him.
Cruiser? Spam HE, set him on fire and run away if he's at range. Torp him if he's close.
Carrier? Send some torpedo bombers his way. He's ****ed if he isn't cowering behind a cruiser.

Meanwhile in cruisers...

(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The 4.0 public test has been...very dissapointing so far. AA effectiveness is more than halved. (They said we'll buff heavy-caliber AA by 50% and cut medium and small-caliber AA by 50%, but the problem is your automatic AA weapons were doing all the damage to begin with...)

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
That Tier X Taiho Kai seemed pretty brutal in the current iteration...

Has anything bad happened to the cans?

So long as my Lady Kagero makes it to prod with her capabilities intact I can stomach the other ridiculousness.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
That Tier X Taiho Kai seemed pretty brutal in the current iteration...

Has anything bad happened to the cans?

So long as my Lady Kagero makes it to prod with her capabilities intact I can stomach the other ridiculousness.

Two smoke charges without the skill for extras, cruisers now have a "radar" skill available that lets them see through your smoke. It'll probably hurt American DDs more than you in most situations.

A Feddie Story