Author Topic: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 not centering  (Read 2889 times)

Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 not centering
Hi

I'm having an issue with my MS sidewinder force feedback 2 with this (brilliant) mod. As soon as the game loads, my stick stops returning to center. Once in the game all the force feedback effects work (afterburner, missiles etc), but there is no return to center tension at all. If I unplug and replug the stick during the game the tension returns, but the feedback effects are absent.

Any idea what is going on here? Thanks for any help you can give.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Re: Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 not centering
Odd!  I have the same stick, but have never had that issue.  I saw on another thread someone suggest that if you do unplug in-game to reset your stick, you need to go into the control bindings settings screen to get the game to recognize it again.  Maybe try that?
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Thanks. I did try that, but no joy. I should add, this is on Windows 7 x64, and using the GOG version of FS2.

Hey guys - I'm having the same issue with the latest build of FSOpen. I'm using Win8, running the game in XP sp3 compatability mode, and also have the GOG version.  Did anyone ever come up with a solution?

Offline Member!

Yeah old thread,  :lol: but I had similar problem, as soon as the game stars the joystick will loose is centering, 0 resistance on all axis. What I did was moved it to another usb port and it fixed the issue.
I have no idea why it did not work since I have never had any problem in the past.

Actually i had the same problem during my Awakenings Let's Play. Interestingly in one mission, i do not had this issue.

But after some investigation, i read, that it was mainly the issue, that auto-centering is active together with Force Feedback at all.
That was corrected in one of the newer one DirectX Versions.
Auto-centering should only used if a game does not support Force Feedback effects (for example, on the Windows desktop it is auto-centering all the time), because the auto-centering contradicts other functions of Force Feedback.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:34:35 am by Deepstar »
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele