Author Topic: INT — BLIZZARD HQ  (Read 3865 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
And yet... Somehow we all paid for another round of this storytelling.

Don't know about you, but that's what video let's plays are for.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Yeah, the last blizzard game I bought was Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne. I've got plenty of friends that play SC2 online, so they've let me borrow their account to allow me play the single player campaigns some time after the games came out.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I had mad fun with the campaign though
And archon mode with a friend is jolly good times too
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The Protoss campaign was ok. A lot of it felt like they just kinda had to come up with something because everyone expected a Protoss campaign. In fact, as far as Starcraft 2 goes, Wings of Liberty, IMO, is probably the most interesting campaign from a story perspective. Hell... take out all the Zeratul/prophecy crap and it becomes a decent enough conclusion in it's own right. The ending scene with Raynor and Sara was very strong... but then, thanks to the prophecy stuff and Heart of the Swarm that all gets abandoned pretty quickly and suddenly SC2 ends as a half-hearted epic.

Wings of Liberty - Rescue story
Heart of the Swarm - Revenge story
Legacy of the Void - Forced story
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter

Don't know about you, but that's what video let's plays are for.

Yeah I figured out the story was done after i played SC2 and it turns out the bad guy is the Space Devil all along.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Quote from: Starcraft wiki
Blizzard has clarified that the Voice in the Darkness is a different entity and not the same thing as the Dark Voice.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Snarks

Well, it's oddly charming. SC2 is so bad and ridiculous that it's worth playing, maybe not at full price but still quite the paradox. If Legacy of the Void can top Heart of the Swarm's ridiculousness, then I can expect to see more ridicule threads, which are all so fun to read.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
SC1: characters turn on each other due to conflicting motives, leading to tragic deaths and a cycle of violence

SC2: characters turn on each other due to red lightning. everybody comes back to life

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Well, seeing how the story crafting of Blizzards major IPs has gone downhill, the degradation seen in the latest SC2 release isn't surprising. But oh boy is it cringeworthy that it actually worth to see.

Hell, just look at the expansions to World of Warcraft post-Wrath of the Lich King. Anything afterwards has been... well laughable.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
SC2: characters turn on each other due to red lightning. everybody comes back to life
It's like a bad episode of Star Trek without the prospect of them releasing a good episode afterwards.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
It's like a bad episode of Star Trek without the prospect of them releasing a good episode afterwards.

Dramatis Personae, Masks, or I'm sure Voyager did an episode on that theme but idgaf to look up which one it was?

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

I'm pretty sure there's at least four or five Voyager episodes that at least has the whole crew dying to come back due to space magic, and I'm not one to discriminate based on color of space magic
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm pretty sure there's at least four or five Voyager episodes that at least has the whole crew dying to come back due to space magic, and I'm not one to discriminate based on color of space magic

It's the turning on each other part I was really having trouble hitting.

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

That's true. I don't know Voyager well enough to really say, though I think Twisted hits some qualifiers for this offhand.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL