Author Topic: Another terrorist attack in Paris <13.11.2015>  (Read 49245 times)

Another terrorist attack in Paris <13.11.2015>
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/13/world/paris-shooting/index.html

I will just leave it here. At least 60 people killed, there will probably be more :(.

In my opinion... this is not a terrorist attack, not a "single case of violence"l. THIS IS A GOD DAMN WAR!
War with all values that Europeans live by.

Of course main suspect is the ISIS. They are getting obliterated in Syria/Iraq by the Kurds, Iraqi military, Syrian Arab Army and Russian Air Force and they will try to bite back as hard as they can. So I'm afraid that this can be just a beginning.

All my thoughts are with the French now.
Stay strong.

Re: Another terrorist attack in Paris <13.11.2015>
Certainly depressing and makes me question whether France is really a place I'd like to visit.

I'm not sure that it's a 'war of values' however.  Politicians espouse values, but at the end of the day they're tossed aside for influence, power or money.

Case in point, former Prime Minister of Canada Steven Harper called the Muslim Niqab inherently anti-woman, spewed rhetoric against ISIS and against potential terrorists hiding among incoming refugees and at the same time, under his administration a crown-corporation (government owned) brokered a deal with Saudi Arabia for 14.8 Billion dollars worth of military vehicle exports. Saudi Arabia one of the most oppressive countries on the planet and a known sponsor, or country with sponsors, of extremist groups in Syria and elsewhere.

It's all a load of horse****.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
BBC is reporting 18 dead and a number of hostages
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

People of Paris, be safe
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Situation is developing. AT forces began the attack on concert hall where hostages are being kept. Borders were closed.
Some say that French army has been deployed to the streets.

Offline Rhys

I might be reaching here, but maybe this has something to do with "Jihadi John"'s supposed death?

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art
I might be reaching here, but maybe this has something to do with "Jihadi John"'s supposed death?

no information on who is behind this

Also BBC live report for those who can view it
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-34815972
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Some sources claim that he was wiped off the surface of our beloved planet by a drone attack. But that's not confirmed yet.

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art

Some sources claim that he was wiped off the surface of our beloved planet by a drone attack. But that's not confirmed yet.

I believe the US are the ones to announce killing him in some form of airstrike, if that was manned or a drone I dont know

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The turnaround time between Jihad John and today is way too short.

I would like to point out a few things. Look what happened within a few past weeks.

-Russian Air force is getting involved in Syria. They are giving the terrorists heavy pounding, Al- Assad's forces are advancing, liberating a big chunk of land.
-Few weeks later a Russian civilian jet falls down and crashes. 90% of certainty that IS is behind this.
-kurds are cutting off ISIS from their supply lines on Syrian-Turkish borders.
-Syrian Arab Army has broken a 2-year siege of Kuweires  airbase near Aleppo. ISIS supply lines to that city from Ar-Raqqa will be cut off within a couple of days. Assault and liberation of Aleppo from ISIS will be possible within a couple of weeks maybe months.

Conclusion? ISIS is losing that war. Russia accelerated that process. And they will try to kill as many people in remote locations as they can before going down.

Offline headdie

• Headdie on Deviant Art
Sounds like Bataclan siege has been resolved via Counter Terrorist assault

It's over. But I'm afraid that this turned out to be a massacre. Heard that terrorists were using frag grenades.

Again ? Well this is gonna be a fun week-end...

Certainly depressing and makes me question whether France is really a place I'd like to visit.
As a rule of thumb, staying away from Paris is a good way to avoid all kinds of trouble.

I wonder how they're going to safeguard from more attacks with those open borders across Europe and ghettos around Paris, London and many other European cities, even if they're only now locking them down.
Also: One of the bombs that went off was very close to President Hollande. It's possible this bomb was an attempt on his life.

Also in other news: The Calais "Jungle" camps has been set ablaze, potentially in response. Don't have much more than that at the moment of writing.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline CKid

I believe that the bomb you are talking about was detonated at the front gates near the entrance to the stadium, not inside with President Hollande.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

100+ dead now including the concert hall.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Bastards. Well, I hope that Russians will soon finish off ISIS. That can't come quickly enough. While normally I don't approve of their rougher methods, in this case, I'd say they go right ahead and do their worst. Few people deserve to be worked to death in Siberian gulags, but it would be the most appropriate fate for those terrorists, I believe. If they'd picked that place to annex instead of Ukraine, nobody would've complained.

Also, I think that it's a good time for France (and Germany, and perhaps other EU countries as well) to rethink their refugee policy. I certainly wouldn't like to see an "Islamic State of France and Germany" pop up some time after ISIS is cut down by Syrians and Russians... We all remember Jesus and his story about a good Samaritan. I urge people to also remember Aesop and his story about farmer and the viper. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how those bastards got in.

Also, I think that it's a good time for France (and Germany, and perhaps other EU countries as well) to rethink their refugee policy.

Do you have information that states the nationality of the attackers?
The Charlie Hebo attack was perpetrated by French-born "terrorists", not refugees, immigrants or other foreigners.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
~140 dead and counting.

I wish I could say I didn't see something like this coming, but the flood of Syrian refugees into European countries was almost certainty infiltrated by ISIS. I definitely didn't expect it so soon, though.

I grieve with the people of Paris, of France, and of the entire civilized world. :'(
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Also, I think that it's a good time for France (and Germany, and perhaps other EU countries as well) to rethink their refugee policy.

Do you have information that states the nationality of the attackers?
The Charlie Hebo attack was perpetrated by French-born "terrorists", not refugees, immigrants or other foreigners.

The only semi-official statement I saw was that the attack was probably perpetrated by people who'd traveled from France to Iraq/Lebanon/Syria and then returned to France, which doesn't seem like refugees.