Author Topic: Thanking this Community!  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Turbo-T

Thanking this Community!
Dear Community,

I have been playing FreeSpace for ages, and was always browsing the forum where I have learned much. This is the first place I went after installing FreeSpace from GOG. I bought both 1 and 2. Back in the 90s I was astonished by this game. Recently I have decided to come back, this time for the Story of Blue Planet. Awaiting the voice pack for the last Act of Blue Planet. What an amazing mod. I just wanted to finally register and give my thanks.

One a note, my advice to those who cannot get the Installer to work. The Installer is a Java based Installer. So for this, you will need to install the latest version of Java. Java can also be found in many already pre-existing Applications so you may already have it installed. If so, there may not be a need to re-install it. You can simply put it in your Command Line in windows System, so that it can be used in Command line from anywhere. This is what I did rather than installing Java. It was already included in 1 of my Android based programs, so I simply use that.

Also Blue Planet I believe its Act 3, Fedayeen level are not voice acted yet, so you may not hear the Dialog. Many may think something is wrong with their Blue Planet install but there is nothing wrong, the voice acting is likely being done.

Last but not least, going through the Forum, I notice a very mature atmosphere. I am surprised and pleased to see this. Friendly and mature atmosphere. This is a strong community and I have now joined to be a part of this and will try to give my point of view as well as help anyone I can.

So that is all, Thank everyone here for keeping this game alive. As I get older, the story becomes as much important as the action, and I am waiting to see what interesting twists come. Blue Planet is certainly one heck of a project. Simply Amazing.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone involved in this, may the new year bring more treats and may this community be forever prosperous.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Thanking this Community!
:welcome:

On behalf of HLP, thanks for the kind words. :)