Author Topic: Psychonauts 2 looking for backers  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Mika

Psychonauts 2 looking for backers
I wonder how on Earth I did not see this before, but Tim Schaffer is looking for backers for Psychonauts 2, and they have gathered about 97 % already. If you liked the first game, consider backing this one up.

You can find the introduction and backing options here.

Now that I've got Blood Bowl 2 to play through, Tides of Numenera Beta release is taking place in about two weeks, and XCOM 2 is looming on the first week of February, this year seems to start strong in the gaming department.
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Re: Psychonauts 2 looking for backers
Considered backing it but I'll probably just buy it when it comes out instead since it looks like it'll make it with or without my support

Tim Schafer was on the PC Gamer Podcast last month talking about it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-gamer-show-guest-tim-schafer-talks-psychonauts-2_podcast/

Though as I still haven't finished the first one, I'll probably just end up getting it later instead as well.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Let's hope it doesn't have the ****ing annoying ending of the first one. I never actually completed the game cause the last section was so ridiculously hard.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

It reached it's goal.  5 days left

Let's hope it doesn't have the ****ing annoying ending of the first one. I never actually completed the game cause the last section was so ridiculously hard.

You missed the Meat Circus?!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I missed the end of the meat circus. I fought the butcher and then gave the **** up after playing the rising water bit for the 20th time.

This is going to to through anyway, I am not going to bother giving greedy Mr Schafer any more money. :lol:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'd be tempted to donate still anyway just so that if the game does the difficulty thing again I can ask for a refund of 10% of my donation on the grounds that I couldn't play the last 10% of the game. :p

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Given their track record so far, there may not be a last 10% in the final game.
That's why I'm, not gonna touch this one, and why I don't even think I can be that excited to see it get funded.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'd be tempted to donate still anyway just so that if the game does the difficulty thing again I can ask for a refund of 10% of my donation on the grounds that I couldn't play the last 10% of the game. :p
The Meat Circus was certainly a significant difficulty spike, but I wouldn't say it was flat-out impossible.  Just one of those "goddammit I was THIS CLOSE to the checkpoint this time you EVIL BASTARDS" moments. :p
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:18:23 pm by Mongoose »