Author Topic: [RELEASE] SC Raguel HTL  (Read 17269 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
[RELEASE] SC Raguel HTL

Not many shivan vessels were ever released. As far as I know, the only good quality shivan cruiser here is Axem's SC Lamia, but even the Lamia is old today... So I'd like to continue what I've started some time ago by releasing HTL Scylla. Raguel is very similar to Scylla, and I modelled and textured both of them to be in the same style. Maybe as a parts of the whole armada of shivan warships? Who knows :P.

This ship comes with fully working shield mesh. Also it has fully PBR builds support.

[pending]

Original concept: Inferno Team [Woomeister I guess]
Model: Me and Bryan See
Textures, mapping, conversion, compilation, table: Me.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 03:39:31 pm by Betrayal »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: [RELEASE] SC Raguel HTL
That looks better! I'm going to work on hi-res PBR assets, plus unlit maps, height maps and ambient occlusion maps, and release them.

The article on the Raguel has been updated.

http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/SC_Raguel
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Nice, very nice

Good job!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Great work making and finishing the model, guys! It's a great relief to see new Shivan warships being created and made public so quickly as well! It's very very much appreciated.

I hope you have ideas for more Shivan ships, there's certainly a spot free in the Frigate (Between Corvette and Destroyer) category, after all. ;) However, I'm sure whatever you work on next will be to look forward to.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 08:09:50 pm by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Great work making and finishing the model, guys! It's a great relief to see new Shivan warships being created and made public so quickly as well! It's very very much appreciated.

I hope you have ideas for more Shivan ships, there's certainly a spot free in the Frigate (Between Corvette and Destroyer) category, after all. ;) However, I'm sure whatever you work on next will be to look forward to.
You are welcome. For Shivan frigates, I'm thinking the Damini, the Geryon (by Lepanto), and Beelzeboul (by fightermedic). And possibly battleships, carriers and dreadnaughts such as the SDn Sariel. Especially the SJ Amritaya juggernaut.

For post-1.0 updates on the Raguel, I was thinking I'll add in a shield mesh, plus the glowpoints, as well as the PBR assets. In fact, the HTL Raguel is displayed in PBR glory in the Wiki.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

I actually don't think that frigate sized warships is needed. I have Scylla for that purpose.

Also there is SCv Armaros from Earth Defence and SD Vassago from ASW.

...and I have HTL shivan destroyer in WiP stage. Future plans include HTL Shiamak from Inferno.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
And my Amritaya, and possibly Sariel.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Future plans include HTL Shiamak from Inferno.

I approve of this.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Shivans are happy (if it's possible :P)
 :yes:

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Here's the PBR assets, a fixed normal map and a height map, plus a shielded model. The PBR assets require a latest PBR build from Swifty.

https://app.box.com/s/xzpfy7t53tsgfmxqhf6di14lafv49yb4

Let me know if you are having problems downloading my file. I've heard that many others problems downloading files from Box.com.

[attachment DELETED!! by Strong Bad]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
There is a wrong file attached. It links to destroyed model of the fin, not to PBR assets package.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
There is a wrong file attached. It links to destroyed model of the fin, not to PBR assets package.
I'm sorry, but this is a corrected link. This is the PBR assets, the fixed normal maps, the heightmaps, as well as the shielded version of the Raguel model. I've deleted the previous links.

https://app.box.com/s/hsamtw9csg8deth6xgsa0swvv4dygauu.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
It's...

...cute!

No, seriously, it really looks cute! Those proportions... :nervous:

It also reminds me of this:

And it looks downright terrifying from the front. :nod::yes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I was thinking about changing it's proportions during the modelling stage to make it longer, but finally I decided to keep original proportions. It's at least Hi-Poly version of existing model. It's pretty easy to make different Y scaling via PCS2.

And every model looks... Cute in orto view :P

Edit: Bryan - Your shield mesh is not working correctly. It's not mirrored, and it's too small. I'm afraid you have to set proper scaling of the model in Blender, as shield mesh is not scaling with rest of the model in PCS2.
You can use my previous blend. Upscale it and shield mesh 100 times in Blender. That's the scaling factor I used to upscale the model in PCS2 after convertion. Than export the model to dae and import shield mesh to converted model in PCS2.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 09:06:29 am by Betrayal »

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I was thinking about changing it's proportions during the modelling stage to make it longer, but finally I decided to keep original proportions. It's at least Hi-Poly version of existing model. It's pretty easy to make different Y scaling via PCS2.

And every model looks... Cute in orto view :P

Edit: Bryan - Your shield mesh is not working correctly. It's not mirrored, and it's too small. I'm afraid you have to set proper scaling of the model in Blender, as shield mesh is not scaling with rest of the model in PCS2.
You can use my previous blend. Upscale it and shield mesh 100 times in Blender. That's the scaling factor I used to upscale the model in PCS2 after convertion. Than export the model to dae and import shield mesh to converted model in PCS2.
OK. I'll do that.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I'm releasing a version 1.1 update to the SC Raguel by me and Betrayal. This zip features a full mod, the fixed table which also comes with an updated tech room description, the full addons which now includes the heightmap, the fixed normal map, the PBR assets (including reflectance and ambient occlusion maps), and lastly the shielded version pof file and accompanying table to enable shields.

I'm not doing any glowpoints because not just I've decided to keep in line with the Shivan designs, but also the fact that glowpoints do not disappear upon the destruction of a subsystem or engine that holds any (it requires a SEXP in a mission file).

For anyone downloading this model, you should download this latest version. However, I'm unable to upload this to FreeSpaceMods.net due to the upload file size limit is 2MB. I just have to hope that the folks would raise a limit someday.

https://app.box.com/s/f7r5vl942rfadynxolumfnqcrkx7t48m

BTW, I've added a tech room description on the Raguel in the Wiki.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
Great work :yes:

Running out of scary here :shaking: That is one evil looking ship!

:wtf: seriously! That ain't gonna impress any girl :lol:

Offline Conspark

• can't.function.gief.coffee
I love it. About how big is this next to a Deimos or Moloch?

I also can't stop thinking "Hell's portal gun".
WHAT THE DEAR JESUS THE SKY IS FULL OF WARHEADS - General Battuta

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Hah. When you mentioned it, I realised rhe similarity momentarly :D.

Check wiki article. If I temember correctly it's 340m long, so it's 2/3 of Deimos/Moloch.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Have you checked it, guys?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template