Great!
15 (50%)
I don't care...
11 (36.7%)
Forget it!
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 04, 2002, 04:40:11 am

Author Topic: Suggestion to the Administration  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Suggestion to the Administration
Originally posted by sandwich

[Eddie Murphy voice] Coo! [/Eddie Murphy voice]

:nod: We want to have some entertainment, don't we? :D

[superior sounding voice mode] Yes, We do[/superior sounding voice mode]
SCREW CANON!

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Thunder
Nullifying Strykes post count isn't work, it's entertainment. Don't confuse the two ;)

Mmmm... entertainment.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Nope. :p

pllllleeeeeease? :D

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
You guys can also snip stuff you know.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Shrike
You guys can also snip stuff you know.

What? Who're you talking to?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by CP5670
pllllleeeeeease? :D

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by Styxx

:D:p:ha:

Good that you won't do it, with that CP could post maths faster. :headz:

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Actually, I'm thinking of putting a hack that puts the text "I'm a math troll" in place of any mathematical equation, but still shows the original equation to the person that posted it.

:drevil: :D

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by Styxx
Actually, I'm thinking of putting a hack that puts the text "I'm a math troll" in place of any mathematical equation, but still shows the original equation to the person that posted it.

:drevil: :D

:yes: Good idea! :)

Evil admin, you are. :-)

Hmm, how about deleting the symbol font? ;)J/K

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator

Pretty pretty pllllleeeeeease?

(I have a large set of these :D)

Hmm, how about deleting the symbol font?

Then I can always just use images for math expressions... ;7

Nice black text BTW; I didn't see it at all until I tried to copy/paste it for quoting. :p :D

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by Redfang

:yes: Good idea! :)

Evil admin, you are. :-)

Hmm, how about deleting the symbol font? ;)J/K

Why?!  Why would you do that?!
~Delta

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
exactly! symbol is the best font around!

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine

These people just don't get it I guess...
~Delta

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by delta_7890
Why?!  Why would you do that?!

To prevent CP from posting maths, except that would prevent that from all.

Maybe if it would check for username... ;7;7;7

J/K

Edit: :blah: The symbol font looks even worse when bold, so removed bold. Have a nice day. :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2002, 10:51:16 am by 665 »

Offline Odyssey

• Stormrider
Heh. Symbol font doesn't confuse me... I had my web browser (opera) in 'author' mode to check for black text (makes all fonts normal, and nullifies the background). I didn't even realise you guys were using symbol until I turned 'author' off ^_^

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
To prevent CP from posting maths, except that would prevent that from all.

As I said, I could still just post images containg the math stuff. ;7

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

As I said, I could still just post images containg the math stuff. ;7

Originally posted by Redfang
Maybe if it would check for username... ;7;7;7

:D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Yeah, screw you too. :p
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: Suggestion to the Administration
Originally posted by sandwich
I just noticed what CP does when he quotes someone - he puts it in [size = 1][ /size] tags. I think its a very good idea - any way to make that the default text size for quotes?

How hard is it to put in [ s ] and [ /s ] like this? :confused: :p
-C

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Re: Re: Suggestion to the Administration
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

How hard is it to put in [ s ] and [ /s ] like this? :confused: :p

First off, I never knew about those shortcut tags. But beyond that, how many people are actually going to make sure to do that every time they quote someone, hmmm?