Author Topic: Returning customer :D  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Returning customer :D
Hello guys.
Shame on me.  Last time I was here on HLP forums was about 3 years ago. It is the last time I player FS2 too :(
And today somehow nostalgia hit me and I am thinking again to play my/our beloved FS 2. 
Crap I see all those new models and re-textured and re-done models for FS wau. Shame on me again that I never finish my Stargate ships for FS2 :(
And I see you are using now PBR textures and shadows and God rays in FS2, really hats off guys. You have made such a progress.

What I need  to dowload to have those great effects ? It is implemeted directly to FS open or I need to download those features one by one ? Like those God rays I saw here on the forum in one campaign.

Thanks guys.
I am happy that the community around FS2 is still alive and healthy. 

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Returning customer :D
Just run the FSO Installer, use your Launcher to select mediavps_2014 as a mod. That won't have PBR rendering, but I don't think that's ready for prime time yet.

You can look through your launcher options for more features to turn on/off.

Shadows and god rays are in trunk, PBR is still test build only. Be warned though, shadows are extremely hardware intensive and will probably put your FPS below 60 in mods that like big battles with lots of ships. You'll only need a reasonably high end rig to make them work in mediaVPs though.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Hello guys.
Thanks for info :) 

Going to isntall everything again. 
I am so happy that I will play FS2 again.

Maybe I will finish my ships that I was creating for my campaign... Hope so I will.   Just to find the time as I am no longer the young guy now but older and with 2 kids so I think you know that free time is rare...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you're interested in doing a Stargate Mod, I know that the Stargate for Homeworld team actually might be willing to let someone use their ships.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
There was a Stargate project way back when on Game Warden, wasn't there?  Did any content ever get released from that?

Offline Jouzin

• Big FS fan...
    • Webpage
Thank you guys.
Karajorma you are still here?!  I remember reading your modding tutorials a lot years ago :D

Well now I am thinking about making some new ships not related to any Sci-fi movie/series or something.
Just make ship that is in my mind. 

Anyway I see I will need to look at all this changes in FS2 open. Mainly those PBR textures.  I heard about them for first time here on this forum.
So I need to check Digitaltutors for some vidoes for Maya and PBR textures.