Author Topic: Crash in loadscreen using MediaVPs 2014  (Read 1663 times)

Offline ketain

Crash in loadscreen using MediaVPs 2014
I recently purchased FS2 on GoG. I downloaded the MediaVPs from this link: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86475.0
I used the direct downloads.
I installed the wxLauncher.
I am using the most recent version of fs_open. Namely 3.7.4 final
This whole setup worked until the first mission the colossus shows up.... where you have to defend this one space station.
I also read this post: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=56279.0
which I found to be outdated as there was no mention of the MediaVPs 2014 but rather of the previous version.
As recommended i redownloaded the whole thing assuming that my first download was somehow corrupted. This had no effect.

As requested in such a situation I created the log file which is attached to this post.
The whole thing is not installed in C:/Programs or anywhere near C

I would love to get some suggestions. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Crash in loadscreen using MediaVPs 2014
How long did you let FSO load for? The Colossus model takes a while to load, and Windows will often say that "FreespaceOpen is not responding" while the models load. If you leave it alone, it should load the mission OK.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline ketain

ok... that could be the point of failure. I will test as soon as i can and report back accordingly :)

Code: [Select]
  OpenGL Renderer  : Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
  OpenGL Version   : 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4101
That can be a problem.
Try remove MV_Advanced.vp
Do you have other graphic card than intel?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
true, but -no_glsl is enabled, and the video card is the same as what I've got in my laptop, and I could load the mission OK.

Probably a good idea to remove MV_Advanced.vp as you said though.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
true, but -no_glsl is enabled, and the video card is the same as what I've got in my laptop, and I could load the mission OK.

Probably a good idea to remove MV_Advanced.vp as you said though.

Perhaps installing the latest drivers would help then?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not when the issue is, essentially, the executable taking too long to load something so that Windows triggers the "this program has been inactive" dialog, which is easily mistaken for a crash warning.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline ketain

Thanks for all the answers. Waiting actually worked out. :)
Problem sat before the computer. :D

I am actually astonished myself how many games my crappy intel chip can actually play. The graphics are never breathtaking and shadows really kill it but I can play most games with reasonable fps... at least those I wanted to play the last 5 years :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I am actually astonished myself how many games my crappy intel chip can actually play. The graphics are never breathtaking and shadows really kill it but I can play most games with reasonable fps... at least those I wanted to play the last 5 years :D

Well, according to Tom's Hardware, your Intel HD 3000 is (roughly) the equivalent of:

nVidia
6600 GT, 6800LE, 6800 XT, 7300 GT (DDR2), 8500 GT, 9400 GT

AMD / ATI
9800 XT, X700 Pro, X800 GT, X800 SE, X1300 XT, X1600 Pro, HD 2400 XT, HD 4350, HD 4550, HD 5450
Integrated: HD 6310, HD 6320