Author Topic: Where am I supposed to Install the files from Freespace Open Installer?  (Read 1195 times)

Offline emark4

Where am I supposed to Install the files from Freespace Open Installer?
Totally new to this Freespace upgrade stuff. I just downloaded the Freespace open installer so I can update the graphics and play blue planet and got the program from here:
http://www.fsoinstaller.com/

I brought the game from steam and installed it in the game directory in  the steam folder. However, when I booted the game, the graphics are still the vanilla graphics from the old days and I have no clue how to even access the blue planet mod at all. I know I did something wrong here. Can someone point me to the right direction or tell me where am I supposed to install the files too?

Re: Where am I supposed to Install the files from Freespace Open Installer?
Did you actually run the installer and download the FSO / BP stuff?

If you did, you just need to run the launcher, then select Blue Planet as the mod, and you should be set to run it.

Offline emark4

If you did, you just need to run the launcher, then select Blue Planet as the mod, and you should be set to run it.

I did run it from the installer (wxlauncher I think) but
Blue planet wasnt showing. It just have diapspora on.  In facy, i installed that one first way before I got FS2 and all its other downloads like open source.

So basically I think I installed it at the wrong place I believe. I'm not sure where should all that mod stuff should all go.

Offline emark4

Wait a sec, I missed the part where I'm supposed to create a new profile on the launcher. Blue planet and all the other mods are showing and its working, for now.

Feel free to lock this thread.