Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian  (Read 12168 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath II - The Blue Guardian
NEW UPDATE RELEASED

This update has tackled the issues found in TBG. The game balancing issue was due to the high difficulty factor encountered by players. This issue is now addressed in this update. Other fixes include some very hidden bugs that were found during my playthrough, there are rare instances or scenarios that break the mission's continuity. These are fixed by adding additional SEXPs. Some modifications were also made to the Command Briefing, Mission Briefings, Debriefings, and in-game dialogues to improve some of the narratives. Grammar and Spelling corrections were also made (as best as I can).

While very little change was done to the mission design itself, the adjustments I made will now improve the gaming experience while retaining the feel and intensity of the missions that I had intended for both the Reboot and TBG. The tradition of The Aftermath's chaos is still there but it will no longer be overwhelming like before. That being said, I still need your feedbacks and suggestions. Please let me know and I assure you that will get to it.

One important thing. I still use the very old FSO 372 when I'm updating this. But basing on your post, the mod works with the newer FSO builds so it is fine, I guess. Anyway, my method is still very much traditional FS2 modding and there are no radical modifications.

These are the download links for both The Aftermath Reboot and The Blue Guardian. Both mods MUST be updated.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

The Aftermath Reboot:

AF-RootMain23.rar ---- http://www.mediafire.com/file/diyegxus5e42up0/AF-RootMain23.rar/file-
AF-Extra23.rar ----- http://www.mediafire.com/file/oc5ijwzfemv6fyy/AF-Extra23.rar/file

---NOTE: These links are also posted in the Reboot forum thread.

The Blue Guardian:

TBG-Root2.rar ---- http://www.mediafire.com/file/lgc7m9kg2x9unxg/TBG-Root2.rar/file
TBG-Files2.rar ----- http://www.mediafire.com/file/wb1988diq9dgb7j/TBG-Files2.rar/file

The procedure is the same. Extract the downloaded files to the mod's root folder and the old files will be replaced with the updated ones (AF-RootMain23.rar and AF-Extra23.rar for Reboot. And TBG-Root2.rar and TBG-Files2.rar for The Blue Guardian).

The Release Posts of both mods are also updated. The new download links are also found there.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh yes... The "horny" line is taken out. It was meant to be a joke, a very bad one it turned out. I don't know why I did that...  :banghead:

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
TO THE PEOPLE FROM KNOSSOS:

I'm not sure how to contact you so I just posted my message here.

I very much appreciated on how you made it possible for both Reboot and The Blue Guardian be added to the Knossos installer. I hope you can make the proper adjustments for the latest update. Please note that the secondary list in the mod.ini file for both mods in these updates is still MediaVPs 2014. I also hope, if its possible, that the extra files in the mod folder (the "Read Me" text files and the "Alternate Campaign Version.rar" file) be included in the installation because these contain some important instructions and an "alternate campaign" file.

Thank you.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, one more thing.

The "mod.ini" file still has "MediaVP_2014" as it's ssecondary list. I am not sure of the name of the latest MediaVPs. Please make the adjustments in the "mod.ini" file.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh yes, one more important thing.

Whatever incompatibity fixes you had made when the March 2020 came out, you have to redo it again because I still used the FSO 372 in making this update.

Like I said before, Knossos and newer FSO builds doesn't work on my end, I tried it.