Author Topic: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot  (Read 163068 times)

Re: RELEASE: The Aftermath Reboot
It hopefully fixes that bug. Put it into AftermathInstall/Data/Missions, or wait for an update.

Offline Kher

since i don't find this folder, i will  wait for an update, thanks for ur help anyway :)

Offline CT27

If there isn't "data/missions" in your Aftermath folder you can manually create it.

Do you have dev access to Aftermath? I mean, attachments are only visible for people which are logged into the forum anyway.

Offline Kher

ok ok, just made as you said, created folder data, then folder mission inside it, cpy the Nightmare's file in and finally !!! it work fine for Galileo mission, i bet it will work for the other one, thank you very much guys :)

Offline CT27

I mean, attachments are only visible for people which are logged into the forum anyway.

I thought he meant he couldn't find 'data/missions'

As for dev access, I don't think I do.  I only have access to files that have been released and what Herkie has sent me to test in the past.

Offline CT27

ok ok, just made as you said, created folder data, then folder mission inside it, cpy the Nightmare's file in and finally !!! it work fine for Galileo mission, i bet it will work for the other one, thank you very much guys :)

Out of curiosity, what is that 'other' mission you're having problems with in "Reboot" besides the Galileo one?

Offline Kher

Out of curiosity, what is that 'other' mission you're having problems with in "Reboot" besides the Galileo one?

the one where you have to follow a shivan vessel in act 6 ( not sure about the act ) with choice of multiple locations in gamma draconis

it's been same problem as Galileo, doing everything good and ... fail
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 06:57:49 pm by Kher »

Act 6-e was the other one with the same loop problem, fixed that too.

I mean, attachments are only visible for people which are logged into the forum anyway.

I thought he meant he couldn't find 'data/missions'

As for dev access, I don't think I do.  I only have access to files that have been released and what Herkie has sent me to test in the past.

So you can't put any updates on Knossos? That's... probably bad. If Herkie wants you to maintain AF he should give you the permission.

Offline Kher

your fix work on 2nd mission too Nightmare, thanks :)

:yes: :yes:

Thank you very much for the fix to Galileo's Demise! Worked like a charm.

The number of assets made for this mod is amazing! Really enjoying exploring the new weapons, effects, and ships.

The story is interesting but doesn't develop many of the plots or characters much. Missions are bananas to be a part of but sometimes I feel overwhelmed and can't really enjoy it.

Overall having a lot of fun, thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
UPDATE IS COMING...

I am still on going with my 2nd playthrough for bug hunting and when I am through, I will upload the update.

I have finished fixing TBG too. The update for that is also coming.

Please note: I am still using FSO 372 and 374 to fix this. For some reasons, Knossos and FSO 19 do not work on my end, most textures are missing, visual effects are wrong, etc. I believe it is because my PC is offline. I don't have Internet connection for my computer. My Knossos can't be updated. But if it works on your end then it is fine.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 12:05:30 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
NEW UPDATE RELEASED

This is an update to fix the issue of the March 2020 update. Most notably the "loop" bug of 2 missions, "Galileo's Demise" and "Somewhere in the Rocks" (Act 3-d and Act 6-e) that did not let the players advance even if successful. I accidentally click the "Toggle Loop" button in the campaign editor. These are fixed now. Other fixes and adjustments were minor like grammar and spelling checks and some changes in the Command Briefings, Mission briefings, and tech descriptions.

The significant adjustment made is the difficulty factor. This time the missions will feel a bit easier. I had to do this to address the difficulty issue of The Blue Guardian. While I was adding an AI Profile modular table for TBG, I discovered that there is a limited number of AI profiles I can make and I can't add more. So there is only one AI profile table applicable for both the Reboot and TBG and this is placed in The Aftermath Reboot. During playthrough, the feel and gaming experience is still very much what I intented but you can always adjust the difficulty level if you like (play on "Hard" level to get the old feel).

Here are the download links for the updates:

DOWNLOAD LINKS

AF-RootMain23.rar ---- http://www.mediafire.com/file/diyegxus5e42up0/AF-RootMain23.rar/file
AF-Extra23.rar ----- http://www.mediafire.com/file/oc5ijwzfemv6fyy/AF-Extra23.rar/file

The procedure is the same. Extract the downloaded files to the mod's root folder and the old files will be replaced with the updated ones. The Release Post is also updated. The new download links are also found there.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Oh, one more thing.

The "mod.ini" file still has "MediaVP_2014" as it's ssecondary list. I am not sure of the name of the latest MediaVPs. Please make the adjustments in the "mod.ini" file.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Here's also one of the fixes made in the new update regarding the Num-kills issue with the mission "With Their Pants Down." The post by hoo00 was actually helpful.

I am using Knossos. In the mission “with their pants down”, the *captain* was not impressed even though my num-kills is over fifty. :mad:

The num_kills sexps does not work in #Debriefing_info.
$end_multi_text

The Num-kill SEXP does not work in "Debriefing." CT27 advised me to have only one neutral debrief. So in the new update, the "number of kills" condition is taken out and there is only one debrief.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Hi there, I find this board intriguing but I'm kind of lost when it comes to what's it about. The FreeSpace Wiki has a dedicated page for the original Cold Element Aftermath, while this version doesn't have its own page. Is it an unofficial remake of CE's Aftermath? It's been more than a decade since my playthrough of the original, and I would like to give the new one a try. I see there's a sequel, too.

I apologize if my questions seem rather dumb but I'm slowly trying to catch up with all fanmade campaigns released during my period of inactivity.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

It's Herkies very own project, it has nothing to do with CE.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Yeah. When I made this in 2012 (the original before the Reboot) , I wasn't aware that there is campaign out there with the same name.