Author Topic: White Space During Gameplay  (Read 849 times)

White Space During Gameplay
Hey, I'm hoping to get a little help with this issue?  Maybe someone's seen it before.

Successfully installed FS2 Open, and managed to run launcher, and successfully get into the game mission briefings, cutscenes and briefings all OK.

But as soon as I get into the Gameplay..... (See attachment)

I get a predominantly white screen. Some HUD information is visible, message text is visible and ship icons are visible, but the rest of everything is WHITE.

I have tried running a few of the different executables, and even the original FS2 exe, but they all have the same issue. ONLY since installing FS2 Open. It worked fine before installing anything on this same machine.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: White Space During Gameplay
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Cheers,

Here's the log file.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline m!m

Your GPU is very old and does not support some features required for the more advanced graphics effects. Go to the Advanced Settings in the launcher and untick "Enable post processing", "Enable soft particles", "Enable FXAA anti-aliasing", "Enable Shadows", and "Disable OpenGL VBO". You should also enable "Disable Deferred Lighting" to improve your performance a bit.

You should also know that the OpenGL version supported by your GPU is too low for the newer versions of FSO. 3.7.4 (the version you are currently using) will run fine but any newer builds will not work anymore.