Author Topic: blurry menus, lag  (Read 1215 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Installed the latest on a whim, but I get the 0 video memory error, menu screens are blurry, the gfx selector is empty (no options), and the FPS in a mission seems low.

As though it's running in some sort of software mode. Doesn't matter what resolution I set (at OS level).

Any suggestions I could try...?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Sry for asking:

You installed latest... WHAT?

What settings have your system and what OS are u using? With EXACTLY what settings you start Which applications?
It has become appalingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.

Albert Einstein

Offline Imarion

Hello,
got this issue with latest Nvidia drivers (from 25th april).
I solved it by installing older ones.

See also:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93466.new#new

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
MCO 628, and I noted downgrading the gfx drivers since I run an nvidia card, but it's not something I intend to do (a current game I am playing has been nitpicky about drivers before, and I don't know if next incoming patch for it will demand it).

Win10 64-bit, I have also tried setting compatibility to Win XP SP3 / 7, disable scaling on high DPI but neither work.

I guess for the time being, if there's no solution besides driver downgrade, I can probably make do playing this on an obsolete laptop with Intelgrated graphics; still laggy there but think it's tolerable provided there isn't intense action on-screen.
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."