Author Topic: Earth Defense Megadump  (Read 17276 times)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

First: Release of the whole ED dump was not approved by people who are responsible for the dump - the leaders [Shiv, Snail, Tantalus...]. The fact that I was probably the only active one from old team still having the assets does not authorize me to change whatever they decided. Apparently I wasn't.
Second: I owe no right to any assets in ED dump, and almost all of them were released by Nighteyes in separate downloads. Dead mirrors are my fault as well, huh? I don't have previously released download packages. The only truly exclusive and not-released thing was the Bhaal I released separately.
Third: The stuff I requested to be removed from the dump was incomplete and the most important - made by me, and not for ED. Exactly two old models Shiv actually requested from me, to be borrowed from other project. It's my choice whenever I release my stuff or if. Deal with it.

I said it should, but it won't be. The dump should be divide into smaller packages with models, planets and other stuff. The reason is one and simple - wish of leaders. Moreover one of original project leaders contacted me few months ago and requested me to keep missions and design docs, unaware of the leak. So please, spare me acts of retardness like this, or help of admin or mod will be requested. Your inner frustration is not a thing I'm gonna deal with.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 03:50:54 pm by Nyctaeus »
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Aesaar

Your inner frustration is not a thing I'm gonna deal with.
The irony slays me.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Thanks quazzix!

lol jesus christ calm down people all I wanted was the atlantis to see if it would fit in with my fleet for my campaign because I needed a light cruiser
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Atlantis status: Beam doesn't actually fire and has too terrible a FoV, and the aesthetic doesn't fit in

Rest of the stuff: Don't know if it's actually usable honestly I've got most of the ships I need already here so everything else I just probably might look at on a whim if I need a new ship

Earth status: Defended
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Atlantis status: Beam doesn't actually fire and has too terrible a FoV

I have a version with a working beam. FoV is easy to set, but moot point if the aesthetic doesn't fit.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Then how to solve it?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Atlantis status: Beam doesn't actually fire and has too terrible a FoV

I have a version with a working beam. FoV is easy to set, but moot point if the aesthetic doesn't fit.
I have a version with new beam smiliar to main beam of HTL Bellorophon and small torpedo launcher I made for SG:R. If it's what you are pointing at, I may upload my version.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I should have the assets somewhere around here.  Probably on an old backup - haven't looked in a while!  If I find them I'll let you know.

Nyct, if I find it, I'll let you know first so I can pull your assets :)  I think I am still using a fair few common use models with their own unique pofs from the modpack for my own stuff, so I have no idea what exactly I was using.

Most of the buggy stuff was the missions.  Most of them are actually in workable condition and with full dialogue which I rewrote a while back - certainly good enough to use for a lesson in basic FRED and might even work as the shell of a campaign.  Far as I could tell from my own testing, the ships were mostly fine :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 05:32:03 am by Rheyah »

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Everything is fine and working. Problem with missions probably come from the stuff I requested to be removed from the main dump - a pathetically converted shivan cruiser :P. Second model wasn't used anywhere. Both models were added later, when separate packages were released so they are not included.

I would appreciate if you could send me original release packages. I lost Nighteyes' packages long time ago, but splitting everything from original modpack is hell of a job. I will update the packages with additional files, like removed nebulae I found in archives. Plus a few more models, like Latona, shivan keyship, Esarai's shivan cruiser removed long time ago... And finally - the music pack will see the daylight.

When I release updated packages, the whole "megadump" may be finally killed.

Offline Rheyah

• Will release something one day. Promise.
I have four computers to search, but when I find it I will send it over :)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Re: Earth Defense Megadump
Guys, when this will take? Years?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Guys, when this will take? Years?
If you're keen to take a look, I dumped everything in the SVN here: https://mega.nz/#!uZ4x0T4D!tOv-42Ky4V-TuvnZS3XVaSf3V1fbW5XpW69H88v5mYw
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
Thank you for the link. I'll check it out.

Anyone, care to take a look?

EDIT: It's one hell of a mod in development, complete with source files. I wish I could use it for my purposes.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:00:10 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Downloaded it, too. Seems HUGE and a lot of good stuff is in there  :lol:

May I be allowed to use some of this for my campaigns maybe?

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
All those hours poured in the missions. Ahhh, it was a lovely hobby indeed.
Hope all of you get to tangle with the awesome assets and create nice stories :D
el hombre vicio...