Author Topic: OT Buying things on ebay??  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Red5

• http://www.roughnecks.org
OT Buying things on ebay??
I bought 3 games on ebay tonight, the first time ive ever bought anything, Im trying to use that paypal system to work but it asks for the 3 digit numbers on the back of my credit card, i uh accidently scratched em off and no one else will loan me a card, am I SOL...or is there a way to bypass this?
This is my signature

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
pay with a money order

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
ok ok ok ok ok i'll help :)

First, while PayPal is much faster (payment wise)... i don't like it that much, because it's not as 'secure' as sending a money order or check :)  Although it's 99.99% secure, i just don't like giving credit card numbers to people if i can help it, although i've used PayPal a couple of times and i have an account.

Phone your credit card company and ask them for a replacement card, and if that takes too long (do it anyway though) ask them to give you the numbers that are scratched off.  They'll probably ask you to give them your PIN to make sure it's the right card holder, but that's easy :)

On an Ebay item page, right below the seller name it says 'payment methods'... see what they accept.  If they accept checks or direct deposits into their account (which can be done over the phone, or at your bank) then i'd recommend doing that.  I've bought over 200 items from Ebay members over the last 2 years, and i've only paid for about 2 of them with PayPal.  It's becoming more and more necessary, so if you use Ebay a lot, then open a new account (credit account) to use just for PayPal.  Otherwise if you only buy something now and then, use a money order, bank deposit, check, etc.

Hope it helps!

Regards
~Stealth~

Offline Red5

• http://www.roughnecks.org
thnx guyz, seems this pay pal is too risky to use, not worth it :)
This is my signature

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Hey, Ebay's where I got FS2!  :D  Don't knock it.  As far as paypal is concerned, the only place that gets your credit card number is paypal itself, not the person on the other end.  You stand more chance of getting a check stoped in the mail or having someone listen in on a phone transfer than having a card number swiped by paypal.  My dad uses it all the time, and has not ever had any problems with it.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by StratComm
Hey, Ebay's where I got FS2!  :D  Don't knock it.  As far as paypal is concerned, the only place that gets your credit card number is paypal itself, not the person on the other end.  You stand more chance of getting a check stoped in the mail or having someone listen in on a phone transfer than having a card number swiped by paypal.  My dad uses it all the time, and has not ever had any problems with it.

that's true that the only people that have your credit card number is PayPal... they're the ones that do the transactions... but they're one company too many.  Sure 99.99999% percent of people never have problems, but there's no point making an account and stuff (in my opinion) if you're going to buy one thing every now and then!   you'll have to pay fees and stuff for nothing

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by Red5
thnx guyz, seems this pay pal is too risky to use, not worth it :)

if you wnat to go through it and get a new credit card and sign up for PayPal, then go ahead.  I just don't think it's worth it if you use it once every few months!

It's not risky, i just don't like giving out credit card numbers online period! (at all)...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
*signed up for PayPal before they changed PayPal dollars to real dollars and were still offering $100 PayPal dollars for every referal*
*computer died*
*resumed internizing and discovered that PPD's were now as good as real dollars and began to weep*
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Originally posted by an0n
*signed up for PayPal before they changed PayPal dollars to real dollars and were still offering $100 PayPal dollars for every referal*
*computer died*
*resumed internizing and discovered that PPD's were now as good as real dollars and began to weep*

see?  don't use PayPal unless you're a serious Ebayer Red5 :nod: :) ;)