Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.3 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 109932 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.13.3 (combined launcher/installer)
Yes, that's normal. To play FS2 with updated effects you need to download the MediaVPs mod and run that.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
To add info; Knossos differentiates between builds and mods/games. You don't just run an FSO build. You choose a mod/game and Knossos will launch the appropriate build for it automatically.

Go to the Explore Tab to find and download from a huge list of ready-to-play mods. As Mongoose said, if you want to play FS2 with all the bells and whistles, find the MediaVPs mod and install that. Then play it.

Or just click here.

Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline Deneb

• Steam
Brilliant, thanks for the excellent support guys  :yes:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Glad to help. It's worth noting that Knossos' Settings has a option to hide FSO builds. (At least I think that's available in Knossos 13.3.. if not, it will be eventually.)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

:bump:
Bump.

I'm getting a weird error when I try to install a couple different campaigns from Knossos 0.13.3 in Linux Mint.  "A critical error has occurred! Knossos might not work correctly until you restart it.  The error has been reported and will hopefully be fixed soon."

I haven't tried every possible campaign to install yet, but I keep getting it consistently with "The Mantle" and with the recently reuploaded "Friends and Foes" campaigns.  I posted this awhile back in Bomb3rman's release thread, but he isn't sure what could be the problem.

Are these issues actually getting reported to someone somewhere?  Is there anything I can do on my end to help diagnose?  I know Linux is probably not the preferred platform for Knossos or FSO, but for the most part I've been able to get both to work!  Just a couple befuddling exceptions, which is unfortunate because I really like both of these campaigns!  (An aside shout out: if you haven't played Friends and Foes or The Mantle yet, do yourself a favor and DO SO!  Solid, quality missions with good writing and characterization!  And they are fun to play!)
"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day to day living that wears you out." – Anton Chekhov

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Are these issues actually getting reported to someone somewhere?
Uh, yeah... about that...

Just sorting through that and figuring out which of those are user mistakes and which are genuine bugs takes a lot of time. And even then it can be hard to figure the root cause out.

Is there anything I can do on my end to help diagnose?
Can you send me your ~/.config/knossos/log.txt?

I know Linux is probably not the preferred platform for Knossos or FSO, [...]
Knossos actually was developed on Linux initially, later on I switched to Windows to fix a few bugs there that I couldn't reproduce on Linux.

@ngld, Sorry.  I could definitely have worded that better.  I am very grateful for any help you have time to give! 

I would love to send you my ~/.config/knossos/log.txt  Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is.  I've been using Windows my whole life, and I only switched this PC over to Linux a few months ago.  I've tried searching my local drive for "Knossos" but the only hits I'm getting that are directories are inside my ~:/usr/share/knossos/ directories.  And all of those are *.PY files (because Knossos was written in Python?), no "log.txt" to be found.  I've tried hunting around to see if I can find it on my own, but I'm just not familiar enough with how Linux does these things yet.  My intuition for nosing around in a MS OS is not helping me here.

Does Linux Mint store configuration / log files in a different place than Ubuntu, maybe?
"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day to day living that wears you out." – Anton Chekhov

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
The ~ is a shortcut that means your home directory. 

If you're running Mint 19, you should be able to open that file by doing the following:

Open "Text Editor"
File -> Open
Press CTRL-H to see hidden files
Open .config/knossos/log.txt

Now; not that I want to disagree with ngld, but I can't actually find that file on my Mint 19 system :) For me it's at ~/.knossos/log.txt; but everything else is the same for finding it there instead.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Thanks, niffiwan!  I did not know about CTRL-H to show hidden files.  It is going to take me awhile to get used to this.

I found the Log.txt file exactly where ngld said it would be.

Code: [Select]
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: Running Knossos 0.13.3 on PyQt5 and Python 3.6.8 (default, Oct  7 2019, 12:59:55)
[GCC 8.3.0].
INFO:MainThread:launcher.main: OpenSSL version: OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018
WARNING:MainThread:integration.init: Failed to specify Unity version. Most likely Unity is not available.
INFO:MainThread:integration.init: No desktop integration active.
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "Wings of Dawn Builds" 17.0.1 (fso-wod)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180302 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180419 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20171029 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180924 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180921 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20180929 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190306 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190309 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190313 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190322 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190323 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190324 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190329 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190402 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190406 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190407 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
WARNING:Thread-10:repo.add_mod: Mod <Mod "FSO" 3.8.1-20190728 (FSO)> is empty, ignoring it!
ERROR:MainThread:manager.transform: 'Spec' object has no attribute 'specs'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/raven/utils/serializer/manager.py", line 76, in transform
    return repr(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 486, in __repr__
    return '<Spec: %r>' % (self.specs,)
AttributeError: 'Spec' object has no attribute 'specs'
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/raven/utils/serializer/manager.py", line 76, in transform
    return repr(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 486, in __repr__
ERROR:MainThread:manager.transform: 'SpecItem' object has no attribute 'kind'
    return repr(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 436, in __repr__
    return '<SpecItem: %s %r>' % (self.kind, self.spec)
AttributeError: 'SpecItem' object has no attribute 'kind'
ERROR:MainThread:launcher.my_excepthook: UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION!
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/web.py", line 284, in install
    windows.ModInstallWindow(mod, pkgs)
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/windows.py", line 567, in __init__
    self.show_packages()
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/windows.py", line 585, in show_packages
    all_pkgs = center.mods.process_pkg_selection(pkgs)
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/repo.py", line 336, in process_pkg_selection
    deps = pkg.resolve_deps()
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/repo.py", line 738, in resolve_deps
    version = util.Spec(version)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 449, in __init__
    subspecs = [self.parse(spec) for spec in specs_strings]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 449, in <listcomp>
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/util.py", line 886, in parse
    res.append(semantic_version.SpecItem(spec_text))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 393, in __init__
    kind, spec = self.parse(requirement_string)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 408, in parse
    raise ValueError("Invalid requirement specification: %r" % requirement_string)
ValueError: Invalid requirement specification: '==~1.0.5-'
    return repr(value)
    return repr(value)
ERROR:MainThread:manager.transform: 'SpecItem' object has no attribute 'kind'
    return repr(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 436, in __repr__
    return '<SpecItem: %s %r>' % (self.kind, self.spec)
AttributeError: 'SpecItem' object has no attribute 'kind'
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/web.py", line 284, in install
    windows.ModInstallWindow(mod, pkgs)
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/windows.py", line 567, in __init__
    self.show_packages()
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/windows.py", line 585, in show_packages
    all_pkgs = center.mods.process_pkg_selection(pkgs)
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/repo.py", line 336, in process_pkg_selection
    deps = pkg.resolve_deps()
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/repo.py", line 738, in resolve_deps
    version = util.Spec(version)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 449, in __init__
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 449, in <listcomp>
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/util.py", line 886, in parse
    res.append(semantic_version.SpecItem(spec_text))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 393, in __init__
    kind, spec = self.parse(requirement_string)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/semantic_version/base.py", line 408, in parse
    raise ValueError("Invalid requirement specification: %r" % requirement_string)
ValueError: Invalid requirement specification: '==~3.7.2-'
INFO:Thread-2:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/48/56/147210a6a8269175356ebb134a98baaad6f4f59eb2c90f6b814925a655fe"...
INFO:Thread-5:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/55/c5/e2b74a12e9ec1cfc648cce4462159ef07721fd3f64ac5836b6eb171c90f1"...
INFO:Thread-4:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/42/85/9696f86b55e88ac19671c1107af59996877c91f1faac8e19b55a4cc4b7ed"...
INFO:Thread-10:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/ef/4a/63d84b8cb382c10a5d3bca6eb61ff6aeae75d6735ba5fa18d1dac4cd08f1"...
WARNING:Thread-4:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/music/AlbumArtSmall.jpg" from archive "BTA_Music.7z" for package "BTA_Music" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-4:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Music.7z" for package "BTA_Music" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-3:util.download: Downloading "https://fsnebula.org/storage/1b/d0/146cca8c8bd5e9259136369b4f66bea731cf176d9563d841174e83f9f214"...
WARNING:Thread-10:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/voice/briefing/bta1_d1_01_br01.ogg" from archive "BTA_Voice.7z" for package "BTA_Voice" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-10:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Voice.7z" for package "BTA_Voice" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-7:util.download: Downloading "https://porphyrion.feralhosting.com/datacorder/nebula/a3/28/943ab1ef2127dba33e4efff2c7337b0a0f7850110b9640a798a0763be246"...
INFO:Thread-1:util.download: Downloading "https://porphyrion.feralhosting.com/datacorder/nebula/28/a4/9953490c958416045d861d7acbc411e0be1151db830f53e238da4e25f66a"...
WARNING:Thread-7:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/config/axmessage.cfg" from archive "BTA_Core.7z" for package "BTA_Core" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-7:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Core.7z" for package "BTA_Core" (Between The Ashes)!
INFO:Thread-8:util.download: Downloading "https://cf.fsnebula.org/storage/b7/2d/fb024389352d54e9e53b14ae6b69f1c609f26f4c66ca4ac88f558617725f"...
WARNING:Thread-2:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/cbanims/cb_default.ani" from archive "BTA_Root.7z" for package "BTA_Root" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-2:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Root.7z" for package "BTA_Root" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-1:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/maps/AlphCent_back6.dds" from archive "BTA_Advanced.7z" for package "BTA_Advanced" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-1:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Advanced.7z" for package "BTA_Advanced" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-8:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/movies/Collapse.mp4" from archive "BTA_Movies.7z" for package "BTA_Movies" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-8:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Movies.7z" for package "BTA_Movies" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-5:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/maps/afc_dvorak.dds" from archive "BTA_Maps.7z" for package "BTA_Maps" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-5:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Maps.7z" for package "BTA_Maps" (Between The Ashes)!
WARNING:Thread-3:tasks.work2: Missing file "data/cbanims/2_cb_aflogo.png" from archive "BTA_Anims1.7z" for package "BTA_Anims1" (Between The Ashes)!
ERROR:Thread-3:tasks.work2: Failed to unpack archive "BTA_Anims1.7z" for package "BTA_Anims1" (Between The Ashes)!
  File "/usr/share/knossos/knossos/tasks.py", line 385, in finish
    'Please run a file integrity check or reinstall (uninstall + install) it.' % title
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

During this run of Knossos, I first tried to install the Friends and Foes mod.  Got the error message previously described.  Then tried Mantle.  Ditto.  Then I tried to repair the install of Between the Ashes v 1.2.2.  That may be a completely unrelated issue entirely.  Not sure.  mjn.mixael is already looking into that on the following thread, I just figured I'd go ahead and try and capture what's going on in the same log.txt in case it would be helpful.  As far as I know, these are unrelated.

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=92701.msg1888382#msg1888382

Thanks for the help so far.  Anything else I can do to help from my end?