another Upgrade by me is now arriving in this Forum.
After a new version of the Unofficial FSPort Upgrade
and the Update for The Destiny of Peace
i have also finished my Update for Silent Threat: Reborn aswell.
Because only very few files of the original ST:R were unchanged during this process, i actually decided to make this Upgrade standalone. So this one is a full version of Silent Threat: Reborn based upon Version 1.4.2 that is Knossos exclusive (
). There is no other ST:R download needed, even some files from the original mod can be used here, read the Installation section for details.
Like in the FSPort Upgrade, the main reason for the Upgrade was the German Translation i created and that is available as an downloadable Language AddOn that can be started via wxLauncher seperately.
Because this one is an english speaking community, the focus of this topic is the upgrade of course, but the german translation will follow right after it, for every german player who does not visit a german community anymore.Changes:
• The PVD Typhon#Hulk model was edited to get rid of the non-retail turrets.
• The ST:R Trailer aswell both ST:R Teasers are now watchable through the Tech Room.
• The Developer Notes for the mod, cutscenes and all the missions are transferred from the Freespace Wiki into the Technical Database. The mission and cutscene specific entries will unlock during the campaign progress.
• Command Briefing chapters that goes over several pages are now merged into one.
• Instead of prefixes for the ship name, the prefix is now present in the Ship class. Hostile R&D Ships will be designated as RD by the GTA, now. The rogue Galactic Terran Intelligence as TI however.
• In "Chasing Shadows" a previously unused communication message was reactivated.
• The single mission version of "Cloak and Dagger" take place in a nebula cloud without any light sources, now.
• For the single mission version of "Cloak and Dagger" i created a reskinned Texture for the new GTF Apollo model aswell i created some for the GTF Angel and GTB Athena aswell, they are used as a Pirate version in this mission.
• The single mission version of "Secrets Reborn" has now working Beam Turrets aswell changes that optimize the Events and Lenght of the mission.
• The single missions from the FSPort Upgrade are deactivated, because Silent Threat: Reborn has its own set of Single Missions.What is needed for this?
• FreeSpace 2
• FSO Nightly 220.127.116.1180829
• MediaVPs 3.8.X
in a folder called MediaVPs_38x (Folder with a mod.ini
• wxlauncher 0.12.0 RC2
• FreeSpace Port 3.5 with FSPort MediaVPs 2014
• FSPort Upgrade 1.3.1 & German Translation AddOn [2.0.1]In contrast to The Destiny of Peace the FSPort Upgrade is needed for the english language too.Download
• Silent Threat: Reborn Upgrade
(13,42 MB) - MediaFire Mirror
- Google Drive MirrorOPTIONAL FILESNot needed, if you have an old Silent Threat: Reborn Installation, read the following section for detailsSilent Threat: Reborn Voice Files
(243,82 MB) - FSFiles Mirror
- RECOMMENDED!Silent Threat: Reborn Upgrade Cutscenes
Extract the downloaded archive into your FreeSpace2 folder and select "Silent Threat: Reborn Upgrade" as the active mod in wxLauncher to play it.
If you have ST:R already, you do not have to download the Voice & Cutscene Files. In that case, you can simple copy the fsport-str-voice.vp for the Voice Files from your ST:R installation into the fsport-upgrade-str folder to use it.
The same happens with the odeon_str.vp for the cutscenes. If you have two single movie files instead, you should copy them into the fsport-upgrade-str\data\movies folder (create them if neccessary). The additional cutscenes are part of the odeon_str_Xtra
(224,89 MB) that have to be extracted into the fsport-upgrade-str folder to be used.
NOTE: If you decide to play Silent Threat: Reborn without voice acting, do not forget to delete or to rename the FSPort-Upgrade-str_Voice Xtra.vp, because it include two command briefing voice files for the merged Command Briefing stages.
In the actual mod folder, you are free to delete/disable the missions you do not want to have, for that you have simply to delete or to rename (for example in .vpx) the FSPort-Upgrade-str_Missions-<Pack>.vp.
All available campaigns next to "Silent Threat: Reborn" aswell the availability of the messagebox is controlled by the FSPort-Upgrade folder. So read the installation instruction in the (Unofficial) FSPort Upgrade
topic about that.
Bugs you encounter can be reported anytime of course in this Thread.
If you need some impressions, at the end of this post, you can find some Screenshots from the older but aswell current german version.
But as i said at the beginning of the topic, the Upgrade is only a byproduct of my updated German Translation for Silent Threat: Reborn.What is this Package translating?
• The "Silent Threat: Reborn" campaign with 18 missions.
• Four single missions.
• 21 Developer Notes.
• Five Cutscenes.What is needed for this?
• FreeSpace2 in a German audio setting.
• Everything that is needed for the upgrade.
• And the Upgrade itself, of course, but you do not have to scroll up, except you want to download it individually.Download
• Silent Threat: Reborn Upgrade 1.1.0 & FreiRaum: Stille Bedrohung: Wiedergeboren 1.1.0
(13,48 MB) in one combined package.
or as an single downloadable component:
• FreiRaum: Stille Bedrohung: Wiedergeboren 1.1.0
(92,95 KB) - MediaFire Mirror
- Google Drive MirrorOPTIONAL FILES
• FreiRaum: Stille Bedrohung: Wiedergeboren German Subtitled Cutscenes
(888,40 MB) - FSFiles Mirror
The Movies are released with built-in subtitles, because of much better and more fitting subtitles capabilities for my demands currently. They were reencoded with a x264 CRF 13.5 Very Slow setting for that.Installation
The downloaded archives have to be extracted into your FreeSpace2 folder. In wxLauncher you only have to select "FreiRaum: Stille Bedrohung: Wiedergeboren" as the active mod to play it.
This translation requires that FreeSpace 2 is set on the german language setting. If your game does not do that automatically, you can use Knossos for that, edit your fs2open.ini manually or you can my small Language Selector
- Mediafire Mirror
- Google Drive Mirror
That one have to be extracted into the FreeSpace2 Folder aswell and have to be run with the "Language Selector.cmd" file in the same named folder. This Program has an english and german speaking user interface, in which you can select between all four official languages that are supported by FreeSpace2.Interesting LinksGerman Release ThreadDevelopmentthread for my German TranslationsPage on ModDB
Feedback is appreciated in this thread, on FreeSpaceGalaxy or per E-Mail, because i did that translation completely alone.
Have fun!Some impressions
You can find additional images on the ModDB
page, where you also can rate this mod.
Video Presentation with a playthrough of a complete missionVersion 1.0.0