Author Topic: D'oh!!!  (Read 1605 times)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
I had just finished the Derelict campaign yesterday. I was thinking, "Wow! That was a really nice campaign. Number 1 I would say!" But then the credits role.....and BOOM!!! It says voice actors. At first, I'm like...uhhh...there weren't any voices...and then I recall that there was a post a while back that was talking about doing complete voice overs for the campaign....So I go D'OH!! Now I'd like to ask where I can find these voiceovers? Thx :blah:

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
They were never completed
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If you look through VWarchives you can find some of the earlier missions from Deralict with voices.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Out of interest, which campaigns DO have voices?
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Killfrenzy
Out of interest, which campaigns DO have voices?

All my campaign's voices are on the FS1 discs.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hunter

• Ross128, Freespace 2 Sector, Freespace Files
    • Sectorgame
LOL GE. Well, TTS had voices. Even the demo. But all that was scrapped 2 years back ;)
FreeSpace Files | Overload | Sectorgame Forums - For those times when HLP is down (or because you want to keep me company)

Volition BB Survivor - Nov 1999 to April 2002 / Yes I know *some* folks in Hollywood, and no I can't get you on TV.

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Into the Night, the 158th campaign, will have complete voice overs, -EVEN- if I have to personally record all of them :p

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by AqueousShadow
I had just finished the Derelict campaign yesterday. I was thinking, "Wow! That was a really nice campaign. Number 1 I would say!" But then the credits role.....and BOOM!!! It says voice actors. At first, I'm like...uhhh...there weren't any voices...and then I recall that there was a post a while back that was talking about doing complete voice overs for the campaign....So I go D'OH!! Now I'd like to ask where I can find these voiceovers? Thx :blah:

Sounds very close to what I (and probably the rest of the Freespace community) thought after finishing Derelict for the first time :D
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The Mercury Affair will have full Vox too. I can`t stand having to pause the game to catch up with the last 5 messages I missed :D
 Like Narol I`ll record them myself if I have to :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Casaultis of war and Reciprocity should have voice, too.

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
OK....so no d'oh, but atleast I don't feel stupid anymore :rolleyes: