Author Topic: Joystick Problem  (Read 1747 times)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
I would just like to ask all of you if you know a solution to my problem. Whenever I use my joystick with Freespace 2, the joystick locks up and I can't use it after that until I restart. :wtf:

Computer Specs:

PII 300 Mhz
Windows 2000
Freespace 2 v1.20
Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2
DirectX 8.0

Those are all the specs you should need to fix the problem (I think).

Any help would be appreciated. :blah:

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Originally posted by AqueousShadow
PII 300 Mhz

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry! :D:D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
sounds like you have an OLE conflict........ye ole computer is in conflict with ye ole joystick.

don't worry man, i only have 500 mhz.  lol  i figured that we could make fun of each  other.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
That's not funny. Sure the computer is old, but I love that huge box. I mean, it pulls through. It's not some piece o' junk. It can do a lot of **** that the AMD Athlon XP Processor 1700+ with 184 Mb RAM I'm using right now can, like actually play FS2. If you want it's full specs:

PII 300 Mhz
Windows 2000
128 Mb RAM
Voodoo 3 2000
Benwin EX 4 Sound System
Logitech Cordless Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse
3 SCSI Drives at 22 GB altogether
SCSI 20x CD-ROM drive that runs practically better than some of the 50x out there
Sound Blaster Live!

And by reading all those specs it probably would make most of you laugh harder at how crappy you think it is what with your nice and shiny new computers. It's not YOUR computer, so I could care less :wtf:

Also, I requested some assistance with my problem, not to be laughed at and criticized. If you can't help, just say so. :sigh:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 07:28:21 pm by 835 »

Offline Solatar

I have that joystick, it works fine with me. Try a reinstall, since you have Windows 2000 it should work fine. That joystick won't work for win95 or the original wind98 (not the SE).

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Originally posted by Hades
I have that joystick, it works fine with me. Try a reinstall, since you have Windows 2000 it should work fine. That joystick won't work for win95 or the original wind98 (not the SE).

I've tried reinstalling. And yes, by experience, I know that the stick doesn't work with those OSs. But I appreciate you actually TRYING to help me in my situtation :sigh:

Offline Solatar

No prob, I have to troubleshoot everything, I have windows XP, but since I got a Celeron processor and 256 megs of RAM, my comp can handle any joystick.

I just found the instruction book. This is what it said for win98 and 2000.

For Windows 98, Windows 2000, or Windows Millennium Edition, verify that you joystick is assigned to ID 1. Open Control Panel (or Gaming Options, depending on your operating system). In the Controller list, select SideWinder Precision 2, and then click the avanced tab. if your joystick is not assigned to ID1, change the value to ID1. This is a requirement of most games. If more than one game controller is connected to your computer you may need to repeat this process later.

I'm not sure if that helps, but that's the best I can do at 2 AM.

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Your joystick problems are the result of this object being in the same universe as your joystick:

It must be destroyed before optimal performance may be achieved.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
HAHAHAHAHA Pi, nice one. Or did you really mean that?:nervous:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
screw pi; euler's g constant is better! :D

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Oh no - that's done it. You'll not stop him now!:D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat