Author Topic: LTT does XBOne S vs XBOne X vs PS4 Pro vs $500 gaming PC at 4K and 1080p  (Read 1441 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
LTT does XBOne S vs XBOne X vs PS4 Pro vs $500 gaming PC at 4K and 1080p
The results are interesting.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: LTT does XBOne S vs XBOne X vs PS4 Pro vs $500 gaming PC at 4K and 1080p
It has been hilarious listening to my peasant coworkers talk about 4k and changing between performance and quality settings as if they are new concepts and I haven't been there for over a year at this point.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Counterpoint: The results are exactly what you'd expect.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Video cards have become more costly and the consoles benefit from being a close environment, I'm not surprised that 4k is more convenient on a console like the Xbox One X than on a $ 500 PC.
But the thing is that I don't really feel the need for 4k?
Perhaps because I'm making the jump to 1080p only now after more than a decade of a 1280x1024 SVGA LCD screen and a five years old 1gb video card but 4k doesn't seem really worht it for a low budget config, especially considering how costly 4k TVs and monitors are.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam

Counterpoint: The results are exactly what you'd expect.

I really expected the XB1X to fare this well, consoles are designed a bit more skin flint than that.  It's the equivalent of a mid-range gaming PC (about spot-on with a GTX 1060 6GB or RX 580).  I thought it would be upper-low range.  I mean, look at the XB One or One S.  When they came out, were they as decently powered considering the moderately configured gaming PC of the time?  I didn't check, but I always got the impression that they were upper low-end at the most.

Video cards have become more costly and the consoles benefit from being a close environment, I'm not surprised that 4k is more convenient on a console like the Xbox One X than on a $ 500 PC.
But the thing is that I don't really feel the need for 4k?
Perhaps because I'm making the jump to 1080p only now after more than a decade of a 1280x1024 SVGA LCD screen and a five years old 1gb video card but 4k doesn't seem really worht it for a low budget config, especially considering how costly 4k TVs and monitors are.

I think 1080p at higher frames and detail settings is more exciting than 4K, for both PC and XB1, unless you've got some sort of Demon in the Living RoomTM 2017 HLP TV set up.