Author Topic: 0rph3u5 is streaming on 12/27/17  (Read 2201 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
0rph3u5 is streaming on 12/27/17
As announced elsewhere I am going to stream on the 27th of this month. I cannot make it to a family gathering on the holidays, so I invite you all to join me on the day for a little celebration of Freespace and Sci-Fi gaming in general.

I will be streaming via Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jpd_0rph3u5

As this is my stream I reserve the right to make it mostly about my work FREDing, especially The Lost Generation - Ashcroft and the continuation of that "saga". But I will also take some time to talk about Freespace in general, other games, development philosophy and what ever else I can cram into it.

The schedule is planned as follows:

(All times denote the planned start of each segment. Actual times may be different. All times GMT+1)
12/27/2017:
(14:00 - Technical Prep. )
Basically just me making sure everything works.

16:00 - GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - Ashcroft, Missions 1-5
I will be playing through the first five Missions, aka Act 1 of 3, of The Lost Generation - Ashcroft and talk a bit about the campaigns inception, influences and major changes since it all started in 2008(MINOR SPOILER WARNING)

18:00-18:30 - FREDING/GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - Ashcroft, Mission 10
Mission 10 has been one of the reasons why I stopped working on TLG-A back in 2010 and after I restarted work on it in 2015/16 it quickly became the "white whale" holding back the development. During this segment of the stream, I will be attempting to do as much progress as I can on the mission. I will of course be switching between FREDing and playing the mission regularly, but through it all I will try to tell the tale how it all came to be this mess of a mission-in-development.(MINOR SPOILER WARNING)

22:00-22:30 - RECORDED GAMEPLAY: Shard of Infinity: "Forced Hand", "The No-God" & "The Illusion of Choice"
While I am going to have a little pause, I will see that you get to see three missions I am particularly proud off (in spite maybe of a lag of technical and design sophistication) but that won't see any kind of meaningful release anymore.

23:30-0:00 - PRESENTATION: The design of the NTF Squadron logos for The Lost Generation - Ashcroft
As part of the 2015/16 development revival of The Lost Generation - Ashcroft I started making specific squadron logos for prominently featured NTF-squadrons. During this segment I will introduce some of the real-life inspirations of the final designs or designs-in-the-making for the 10th Polaris Volunteers, the 71st Liberators and the NTF Iceni's Garde-squadron. I will also be talking about designs I threw out and process how they came to be. Please note: I am not a very good artist, so you are going to see my miserable skill being outpaced by my imagination serval times.

12/28/2017:
2:00 - OTHER GAMES AND BEER
As title says, I will play some games other than Freespace 2, mostly in Sci-Fi Genre and have something to drink which may or may not be alcoholic (I am not going to tell so I don't advertise anything but responsible drinking :) ). I haven't really decided on a game or games to play but the short list is:
- Sins of a Solar Empire - Rebellion
- Battlefleet Gothic: Armada (vs. AI only)
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut
- Horizon: Zero Dawn*
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Wings of Dawn
- Spellforce III (maybe)
- Darkest Dungeon
* Only if it works out to connect my PS4 for meaningful streaming to Twitch. My PC has the hardware to offset some of problems from my upstream not being up to specs at times, with my PS4 and PSN's features alone I am not so sure.

6:00 - RECORDED GAMEPLAY: "PVD Pinnacle - Salvation" & "PVD Pledge - Retaliation" from the Rain On Ribos IV re-release
As a penultimate segment to the stream, I will once again switch to something pre-recorded: the "special editions" of the Rain On Ribos IV re-release I am currently putting the final touches on.

6:45-7:00 - GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - "Serqet", "Firewall" & The Lost Generation - Jarin, "Hyperborean Heist" (all working titles)
Original Teaser: To close the stream, I will grant you a look behind the curtain at what could become the third instalment of The Lost Generation. The second instalment is still the same as originally in 2008 and might as well as be revived if I am feeling confident enough to actually make it work as needs to. But during the 2015/16 development revival on of the side-stories of The Lost Generation - Ashcroft developed into a separate entity with enough story to tell: See me join the GTVA's fight against the NTF in Alpha Centauri and Sirius, before a hero of the Alliance falls to became a threat to it's existence.
Addendum: A recent bout of inspiration, I am going to feature a different second mission to tease upcoming projects; in place of the "Arginusae" from The Lost Generation - "Serqet" I will show off an episode from the exploits of the GVD Meretseger in The Lost Generation - Jarin.

During the stream I will of course be taking questions from the chat on Twitch as well as from the #freespace-section of the HLP Discord Server; with the exception of the Squadron Logo-Presentation because some of views on display might spark a discussion that requires more moderation than I can handle or I am willing to sadle any moderator with.

ps. if Twitch doesn't want me to use pre-recorded footage for the sections I indicated I would use it, I will just play it live myself. Using recordings is just a way to save some energy on my end (and of course prevent disruptions from me dying all the time).

EDIT: 12/19/17 - BFG:A is out because of technical problems of a graphical nature. HZD is also out because technical issues with streaming from my PS4.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:19:27 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: 0rph3u5 is streaming on 12/27/17
Watching twitch streams (especially trough what is for me the night) is not entirely my thing, but I wish you good luck regardless :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I would find FREDding streams fascinating, if I wasn't so busy with all my other projects. :)

Are there any FREDding streams or tutorials on YouTube?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually both 0rph3u5 and myself were talking about doing that on this thread.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I had forgotten about that thread.  Keep making tutorials, that was a good start.

Some people prefer to learn by reading, but many people prefer to learn by watching videos.  So I would recommend posting a video that is literally someone going through the actual FREDDocs tutorial, step-by-step.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I actually managed to get my VPN to remain stable long enough to upload the quickstart to Youtube. I plan to work on the full tutorial next.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

(especially trough what is for me the night)

I am real nightowl, so I relish the opportunity to stream through the night.

The soon-to-be pre-recorded footage will make it to YouTube after the Stream - unless I decide to not patronize YouTube ... but that's a discussion for another time and place.

Actually both 0rph3u5 and myself were talking about doing that on this thread.

Jup, we did and I have not given up ... just money wasn't always flowing to fix the problems at my end - it's telling that it took until this Friday to get a new headset with a working microphone :)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

O that would be kewl. I'd love to see this.

Offline 0rph3u5

Minor changes in programming:
1. Due to technical issues, both Horizon: Zero Dawn and BFG: Armada have to be struck from the late night "other games"-steam due to technical issues. I may now also make a Fantasy-detour to play some Darkest Dungeon and Spellforce III, just to keep the list an even six for die-based decision making.

Which is kinda sad because Horizon: Zero Dawn is my Game of the Year, beating both Persona 5 and Divinity: Original Sin 2 only because those were playing more in my preferences anyway.

2. Due to recent inspiration, I am changing content of the final pre-recorded segment from "Arginusae" from The Lost Generation - "Serqet" to "Hyperborean Heist" from The Lost Generation - Jarin. I had to get a mission set in the Nebula into the stream.  :D

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

I think I found the perfect image to display during broadcast pauses:

Slight change of plans: The Rain on Ribos IV-segment will not be pre-recorded, as I have to still have to fiddle with this stuff today. I am going to make the time by chanceling the Squadron-Logo Presentation at midnight.

New scheudle as follows:

(All times denote the planned start of each segment. Actual times may be different. All times GMT+1)
12/27/2017:
(14:00 - Technical Prep. )

16:00 - GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - Ashcroft, Missions 1-5

18:00-18:30 - FREDING/GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - Ashcroft, Mission 10

22:00-22:30 - RECORDED GAMEPLAY: Shard of Infinity: "Forced Hand", "The No-God" & "The Illusion of Choice"

23:30-0:00 - OTHER GAMES

4:00 - GAMEPLAY: "PVD Pinnacle - Salvation" & "PVD Pledge - Retaliation" from the Rain On Ribos IV re-release

6:45-7:00 - GAMEPLAY: The Lost Generation - "Serqet", "Firewall" & The Lost Generation - Jarin, "Hyperborean Heist" (all working titles)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:21:01 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Great, I have to stay up all day and night because I suck with converting timezones  :D

Offline 0rph3u5

Final change to broadcast scheudle (and that's one hour before launch): the final segment will be live FREDing as well

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

I am going to call it early soon. It might not have been noticeable but my voice is giving out (and I already had problems with my voice earlier this month).

But I'll do this again in the future... maybe there is a re-release coming up that warrants such a thing :)

The recordings should remain up on Twitch for about two weeks, so if you want to have a look feel free to.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:36:00 pm by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I caught a bit of your fredding on the stream, but then got caught up in a game and forgot to tune back in later.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them