Author Topic: Shockwaves  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
When a ship explodes, you have stuff flying away, burning gaz, debris, well, stuff. Call that a shockwave or not, but it does the same effect, and it's cool ( for a game I mean ).
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Thunder
Perhaps Terran, Vasudan and Shivan shockwaves should be unique to the species... blue/white for Terran, Green/brown/yellow for Vasudan and Red/Orange (more fiery colors) for Shivans. After all they do use different power sources. And the beam colors are different which is proof of that.

:nod::yes:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
mmm for a "basic" effect we don't need a polygon mapped with a standard ani but probably different anis that reproduce perspective (so a render from different angles) selected randomly would work enough
only difference than the other method : it will not be possible to see a shockwave that goes trough our ship

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Originally posted by KARMA
it will not be possible to see a shockwave that goes trough our ship

:confused: Ok....Newayz, I think all the ideas are great. I'm glad that my little suggestion got the attention of more than one person :lol: It's just too bad...I can come up with tons of ideas, but I never have the skills to put them into action :sigh: