Author Topic: Han Solo  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Luis Dias

It's the Kessel Run! And there's Chewbacca! Look, there's Lando omg omg

etc.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
There's also this

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I liked the shot of the Star Destroyer in the nebula.

Not sure why I'd want to see this movie though.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I expect I'll get a ticket from my sister for this flick. I am curious as to how awkward everything is.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I know this movie has a negative rumor mill going... and perhaps it really will be terrible. I certainly never wanted this movie.

But it just reminds me how much the new Star Wars movies just haven't grabbed me. They all feel like fan-pandering until Rian Johnson made his movie and denied me the one thing I really wanted to see. (Jedi Master Luke Skywalker being a badass Jedi and not just projecting his mind off somewhere just so we can get a double sunset death scene).

I hated the prequels... except that they showed us new parts of the galaxy. Disney has a whole galaxy to play with and we keep ending up with the same damn characters, species, and desert planets. Personally, I would have much preferred if the Rebellion had actually won and the new conflict/story was not about Empire Redux vs Rebellion Redux. But instead we get an OT rehash (kinda) and spinoffs about OT events and OT characters like Han Solo.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Snarks

Is it just me or does the name "Solo" just sounds dumb by itself? Like "Han Solo" sounds decent but "Solo" just feels off.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
All I hear is Jabba the Hut from that extended scene in New Hope.

Solo! Du noppa noya, Solo!

Solo! A sah wen booogeee! (Solo: A star wars story)
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Trailer looks pretty cool.  I'm optimistic about the SW movies after Rogue One and Last Jedi.  TFA was hot trash but glad to see they're moving away from that.

But it just reminds me how much the new Star Wars movies just haven't grabbed me. They all feel like fan-pandering until Rian Johnson made his movie and denied me the one thing I really wanted to see. (Jedi Master Luke Skywalker being a badass Jedi and not just projecting his mind off somewhere just so we can get a double sunset death scene).

I hated the prequels... except that they showed us new parts of the galaxy. Disney has a whole galaxy to play with and we keep ending up with the same damn characters, species, and desert planets. Personally, I would have much preferred if the Rebellion had actually won and the new conflict/story was not about Empire Redux vs Rebellion Redux. But instead we get an OT rehash (kinda) and spinoffs about OT events and OT characters like Han Solo.

Rian Johnson is getting his own trilogy that's in a new part of the galaxy and separate from the main story so, there you go.
Not sure what you mean by "being a badass jedi" either, seems a contradiction in terms. 

Is it just me or does the name "Solo" just sounds dumb by itself? Like "Han Solo" sounds decent but "Solo" just feels off.

Well it was "Lincoln" not "Abraham Lincoln", "Patton" not "George S. Patton", "Churchill" not "Winston Churchill" . . . I think it's common for bio-pics, even fictional sci-fi ones to have only one or the other name. 

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Well, I think the teaser made it seem awful, like a fanfilm with a big budget.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.

In Italian "Solo" is literally the word "alone" and "Han Solo" sounds like "they have only" (in the OT dub they changed his name to "Ian" because of it) so here it would be slightly weird regardless, at least together with the subtitle it doesn't sound like it's a half-translated sentence with a column in the middle (at least not as blatantly).
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
...(in the OT dub they changed his name to "Ian" because of it)...
Seen "LEGO Star Wars:  The Padawan Menace"?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
...(in the OT dub they changed his name to "Ian" because of it)...
Seen "LEGO Star Wars:  The Padawan Menace"?
Nope, why?
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Set during Clone Wars era, an orphan ends up slipping in with a group of youngling jedi creating a nametag that says Ian, but at the end of it all he reveals that he stuck the "I" sideways, and that it's actually and "H", and he identifies himself as Han Solo.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Set during Clone Wars era, an orphan ends up slipping in with a group of youngling jedi creating a nametag that says Ian, but at the end of it all he reveals that he stuck the "I" sideways, and that it's actually and "H", and he identifies himself as Han Solo.
Ah, though I have to be more precise about something:
"Ian" is how would be phonetically pronounced, officially it was spelled "Jan" because in Italian the "J" is an old signifier of a certain way of pronouncing "I", still present in some Italian names like "Jacopo".
Funny thing is that because of it Jan Ors in the Italin dubbing of Dark Forces (CTO was on a localization binge at the time, most PC games at the time were untranslated or subs only) was pronounced "Ian" because of this and the fact that the people that did the localization and dubbing didn't know much about Star Wars to the point that instead of using the official Italian name "Fener" they used "Vader" pronounced according to Italian spelling rules which was quite hilarious in hindsight.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:35:01 am by Det. Bullock »

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
So let's see if I've got this....slightly younger Han Solo is part of a group smuggling mind-altering substances or some other such illegal goods through a region controlled by imperious forces of law and order.  There's a cargo vehicle of some kind, some other people who'll help out in various ways throughout the arduous journey, a love interest, a non-human sidekick who rides shotgun, and there probably has to be an antagonist character who will be the nemesis to our "hero" throughout the entire story.  And somehow somebody will throw in some occasional comic-relief antics and/or dialogue.  OH! and an integral part of the origin is somehow making a harrowing smuggling trip--in an unexpectedly short amount of time.

I just don't want to hear the song Eastbound and Down...except in a trailer remix.  That's a perfectly acceptable level of humor for me.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I always thought he was an officer fully fledged until he broke chewie out of a brig during the construction of the first death star.

This looks like GoTG.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I always thought he was an officer fully fledged until he broke chewie out of a brig during the construction of the first death star.

This looks like GoTG.
The death star bit doesn't make sense since he didn't know there were structures that big in ANH.