Author Topic: Game runs in weird resolution?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline zloaf

Game runs in weird resolution?
I downloaded and installed FSO today. When I run in 640x480 the game loads and looks fine. However, if I choose ANY other resolution (eg 1080p, 1440p) on a 1080p native monitor, the Splash Screen and game stretch over two monitors. If I disable my second monitor the splash screen and hanger menus show up randomly on my screen and are cut off. I cannot select any options and have to alt-f4 out of the game.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Game runs in weird resolution?
Have you tried running it in windowed or fullscreen window mode?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline zloaf

I have and neither fix this issue even if I unplug my 2nd monitor and reboot. Sometimes the pilot select screen will appear "normal" and fill the screen but I cannot click on anything and have to hit the enter key. Then the hanger menu is all messed up and the screen is about 40% cut off at the right side and top of the screen.

Offline Axem

Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Offline zloaf

I was able to get it to run at 1080p but adding the -res 1920x1080 custom line. However, I cannot get the game to run at higher resolutions. I will post a log later but am afraid to mess with the settings since I can finally play the game.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
If your monitor is a native 1080p, then higher resolutions are not going to do you much good anyway. And with Freespace specifically, it will cause the game to go out of bounds, and spill over to any other screens you've got hooked up.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline zloaf

I notice a huge difference in how games look when I upscale them to 1440p or even higher. Thinks look much sharper. I have the horsepower as well to upscale pretty much everything. Yet, here I am playing a 20 year old game and LOVING it (I grew up with these games but never had a PC strong enough for FS2).