Author Topic: FS1 online?  (Read 3832 times)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Originally posted by Mr. Vega
:wtf:

He's mailing them in

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
just do what i do: take a loki, load it out with temps, and spiral in at them.  They'll never hit you, as long as you drop a countermeasure every now and then when you have like 30 missiles coming your way.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I tried FS1 a few times years ago but I only had a 56k connection then and the game was not really playable with that. FS2 works much better with 56k's and I used to play that online something like 24/7 about a year ago; I might still be somewhere on that rank list. :D

In my opinion, dogfight and TvT games are not really worth playing on a 56k since the broadband players will get a significant advantage (their pings are only a little less but that makes a big difference in allowing missiles and especially primaries to hit the targets), but cooperative missions work great. If you have something faster than 56k, these games are quite fun to play, but try to avoid non-standalone servers (i.e. with a playing host), because the host otherwise gets an enormous advantage with primary weapons.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 12:02:51 am by 296 »

Well, I officially retired from FS2 Online.  In fact I rarely ever play FS Online anymore...but im not gonna retire just yet.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by nuclear1
hmmm.... i play FS1 multi quite a bit
 im logged in under "Fsnuke" (I know Thorn's on there cause I just saw him today ;) )

the FS1 online community is quite active.... though it won't be once school starts up again

I played on thorn's server yesterday (I think)... some mission against the HoL... I gained me greatest ever 'victory' (taking down an Aten), and it crashed.  Sigh.

At least Serious Sam works fine for me. :nod:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I keep two versions of FS2- one with full cbanims, fs2_open, and all my Port and Star Wars mods, and one bare-bones unmodified installation for multiplayer.

Personally I would like to see more multiplayer mods. Maybe the Source team can make a PXO alternative that lists what mods the host is running, or something.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Originally posted by Blue Lion
:wtf:

He's mailing them in

Hehe. Any of my messages you see on here over the past month or two have been made from my work. I'm a little naughty... ;)