Author Topic: Particle effect testing  (Read 1367 times)

Offline m!m

Re: Particle effect testing
I think I build a reasonably efficient implementation of the "Effects per second" feature that we require. Here are some test builds: http://swc.fs2downloads.com/builds/test/effectsPerSecond/

This adds a new optional property "+Effects per second" which specifies how many times per second this effect will generate its particles. The option must be specified after the point where "+Delay" is expected. This should produce consistent effects regardless of framerate. The value of "+Effects per second" must be positive and may not be 0. Above that, every value should "just work". I took special care that you could specify values that are above the usual framerate and still have the option do what you expect but please check if that actually works as intended.

I will have to take a look at the issue you described in your third point since that sounds very weird.

Offline Nightmare

Should I set +Number (which is required according to the wiki) simply to 1? Also, does this also work the same way for +Trail effect?

Offline m!m

There are no further changes changes to the effect required for making use of the new feature. The other options still have the same meaning but now they are only used N times per second instead of every frame. The new option works everywhere, where "+Duration" and "+Delay" is supported so yes, trail effects should also work with this.

Offline Nightmare

Thanks a million! Everythings working super-super smoothly now. I have several cool ideas where I can use this. :)