back then between my german translation for the FreeSpace Port and the translation for Silent Threat: Reborn i also created one for "The Destiny of Peace" for which i did not created a topic here.
This is about to change, because i updated my "The Destiny of Peace" translation to be compatible with the new version that is part of the (Unofficial) FSPort Upgrade
. (even it should be playable without it if you stick to the english language, but i did not tested it and so i do not give any support if you play it without the Upgrade.)
This time it is a full multi-language release that includes two different mod.ini, one of them in a subfolder. This is needed to start both language versions seperately, because both languages has some specific files that cause display errors if you play it with the wrong one. (font01.vf, i am looking at you!)
I know, that there are two other Destiny of Peace upgrades right now in this forum, this one
and the version that is part of the FS1 Campaign Compilation
Even this translation used the mentioned single Destiny of Peace release as a base, there are actually some additional things i have added to it, that could make this upgrade interesting for english players aswell.Changes:
• Command Briefings got the uniform appearance from the "The Great War"-campaign. So there are location and date informations now. This campaign takes places from 27th October 2335 to 3rd November 2335, now.
• Several ships got an own invidual name.
• Additional Name Plates for various ships.
• All E-Mails are adressed to the player personally, now.
• Mandala Prime was added to the Background of the mission "No Man's Land" because it take place at the same location as the final mission of this campaign.
• The Wayward Son in the mission "No Man's Land" was changed into a GTC Fenris class, because it is the class the ship has in the mission "Flagstaff".
• Command Briefings chapters that extends over two pages are now in only one.
• The Ship Class for the Unknown Ship in the mission "The White Flag" was changed into the same one the player encounters in "Shadow Dancer".
• Both Aten-Cruisers are now appearing in "Shadow Dancer" aswell which reactivates the Bonus Objective in this mission.
• The Orientation of the Nepenthe, the Unknown Ship and both Cruisers in "Shadow Dancer" were turned around to make the impression that the Vasudans are secretly following the Nepenthe.
• Some changed events and AI goals in "Checkmate" that make it possible to proceed in the mission even without the destruction of all fighters.
• New paths for the destroyers in "Checkmate" so that the Alexander Bell will not be moved anymore by an Orion that jumps out.
• The Orientation of the White Dwarf and Red Giants in the mission "Checkmate" were turned around to make the impression that they are waiting for the Nepenthe.
• Armageddon and Apocalypse wings in "Checkmate" can not receive player orders anymore and will appear in the "Wingmen"-gauge.
• Apocalypse wing appear in the "Wingmen"-gauge during the mission "The Destiny of Peace".
• Some changed events and AI goals in the mission "The Destiny of Peace" to tweak it a bit.What is needed for this?
• FreeSpace 2
• FSO Nightly 184.108.40.20680811
• MediaVPs 3.8.X
in a folder called MediaVPs_38x (or change the mod.ini of this mod or the mod.ini of the english version respectively)
• wxlauncher 0.12.0 RC2
• FreeSpace Port 3.5 with FSPort MediaVPs 2014
• FSPort Upgrade 1.3.0 & German Translation AddOn [2.0.0]As i said, if you play in english only you maybe not need it. It is required for the translation however.Download
• FreiRaum: Das Schicksal des Friedens
(23,31 MB) - FreeSpace Files Mirror
- MediaFire Mirror
- Google Drive MirrorInstallation
You have to extract the download archive into your FreeSpace 2 Folder. In wxLauncher you can select "The Destiny of Peace" as the active mod.
If you are not interested to have the german version in your wxlauncher aswell because you are not using it anyway, you can actually move the files from the FreiRaum_fsport-dop\link folder into the main mod folder.
All available missions/campaigns next to "The Destiny of Peace" aswell the availability of the messagebox is controlled by the FSPort-Upgrade folder. So read the installation instruction in the (Unofficial) FSPort Upgrade
topic about that.Interesting linksGerman Release ThreadDevelopmentthread for my German TranslationsPage on ModDB
Feedback is appreciated in this thread, on FreeSpaceGalaxy or per E-Mail, because i did that translation and upgrade completely alone.
Happy flyin'!Some impressions
If you need some impressions here are some screenshots from the current german version.