Author Topic: VPs  (Read 419 times)

I see the Blue Planet Complete version i Knossos downloads the 3.7.2 media VPs. Are those actually used by the AoA or WiH campaigns or is that just for the Freespace 2 blue remake?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
BP requires both the base FS2 game and the MediaVPs.
Let there be light
Let there be moon
Let there be stars and let there be you
Let there be monsters and let there be pain
Let us begin to feel again
--Devin Townsend, Genesis

Offline Cyborg17

• A-1 Supar
The most recent Media VPs are used by most mods as a core set of ships, textures and other misc assets.  As the Media VPs are updated, most mods use the updated version to take advantage of its upgrades.

I see the Blue Planet Complete version i Knossos downloads the 3.7.2 media VPs. Are those actually used by the AoA or WiH campaigns or is that just for the Freespace 2 blue remake?

BP is using the 3.7.2 ones AFAIK, as there might be issues with the recent most one. I don't know which version FS2 Blue uses, but since neither got updated/rereleased since MVP 2018 got out I'd presume the same.

Thanks all, in that case, is there a way to force the mod to use 3.8.2? I have both 3.8.2 and 3.7.2 but there's no way that I can see as to which one it's using.

You can run a debug built, the fs2_open.log shows you which files you're loading. Don't know if there's a way to change mod dependencies on the user end, but I don't know whether running a mod with different files is that a good idea.

You can run a debug built, the fs2_open.log shows you which files you're loading. Don't know if there's a way to change mod dependencies on the user end, but I don't know whether running a mod with different files is that a good idea.

Got you, thanks. I just was curious to test and see if it made any change to some hud scaling issues that I don't get when using the 3.8.2 vps with FS2 Open.

If you want to test something... you can try to copy the MVP_2018 into the 3.7.2 folder and store the other files somewhere where the game doesn't find them. *Should* work, but I can't give any guarentees.

If you want to test something... you can try to copy the MVP_2018 into the 3.7.2 folder and store the other files somewhere where the game doesn't find them. *Should* work, but I can't give any guarentees.

Good deal, i'll give it a shot. Thanks.