Author Topic: Nostalgic Goodness Help  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Nooklie

Nostalgic Goodness Help
Hi everyone,
Today I found this wonderfulness project. I'm 43 now and I played this game to death when I was younger and now I can relive it with better features. So thank you to those who made this possible. I do have a quick question though. Everything is running great except MV_root. Runs fine without it but when I add it back in I get error game_settings.tbl line 2, and error missing token. Do I really need this MV, or is it essential?

I'm using 3.8.0 32x build and the 10.1 launcher. 12.1 launcher does the same error.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm in no rush, I'm still trying to figure out why my joystick don't work but I'll figure it out. This MV root thing has me stumped.

****, sorry everyone one I'm new to this forum thing and didn't read this part is for general discussions. Now I know and I won't let it happen again.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:11:55 am by Nooklie »

Re: Nostalgic Goodness Help
You probably need a more recent built. The VP is required.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hi there!

So, the first thing you want to get is Knossos. It's a combined game launcher and mod installer that will automate most of the process of getting FSO set up on a machine. Install it on your machine and set it up so that the game can launch, then we'll go about setting up your joystick.

I would also recommend you join the Discord (link is in the top nav bar under "HLP Discord"), if you want to get sdome live support.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Nooklie

Thank you The e,
I guess I should of mentioned my main computer will never go online. I use my sons tablet to download and transfer. I did download all the latest files and the game runs just not with MV_root. Its really weird. I'm going to try a nightly build see if that helps. As for the joystick thing I can probably figure it out on my own but thank you anyway.

Offline Nooklie

Thank you for those who replied back. I just got the nightly build and MV_root works. Sorry again for posting this in the wrong section.