Hello dear Freelancers,
my Freelancer Mod is on a good way. The "Hamburg City Features" are implemented into my Vanilla built. Many thanks to Nosferatu, HC-community and w0dk4! Finally i could close this chapter of modwork (some issues are there but will be solved on a long term) and started designing additional Star Systems.
The first additional system is System Tohoku - Kusari. It exists in the original version but was only available for singleplayer stoy campaign mode. The system was closed for the regular open world or multiplayer modes. Now Tohoku can be visited. But that is not the only thing. I put life into it by adding bases, npcs and two additional Kusari Shipclasses that "rebalance" the houses technologies. Kusari got a level 10 fighter and a solid midclass freighter - used by NPC's and players in the game.
In addition Tohoku became a "high-level" system. That means: Better A.I. enemies, harder missions and more competitive stuff inside. And the new "Tekagi's Base Complex" is really becoming a big thing:
The second additional system Bremen - Rheinland. There is not much known about it yet. Actually im creating an infrastructure. There will be allot additional stuff for Rheinland then. It will become a High-Level system, f.e.
So at the moment there exists a full working built of my mod. There are some minor bugs here and there - but it works fine. Me and my comrades had some funny moments with it in the past weeks.
So when will this be released?
- Actually i could - but don't want to release it officially at the moment. I'm a perfectionist when we go over talking about game modding. And still - there always will be bugs (even if minor) in the end. So there are some major and minor things of vital importance to me - that i wanna fix - and i would like to extend the "ingame" content. And i have to do allot story work. My version is set 200 years after the original story. This is history that i want to have explained by the game - ingame - when im playing. So i create many "infocards" and references to historical events.
How may it go online faster?
- Depends on the "feedback" of users - weather the basic version is still be played or not. My built is strongly vanilla oriented. It is designed to be operable on several pc computer systems with different age or OS conditions. That more people start to download and enjoy the original version - that more feedback they give - when having trouble installing it, getting through certain ingame missions or whatever. This way you as regular forum user can take part into the developing process and the release of a "new dimension" of basic freelancer will be near.
Current modwork todo-list:
- solving all minor bugs after implementing new tohoku system design
- adding more content and systems
- balance npc factions - adding, designing and implementing new npc difficulty types and fleets
- finishing system Bremen
- adding new "border/edge" world systems with new factions and properties
- usage of "capital ships" - by players
- finishing FL-Hook version for FL-Memories
- adding "Terran" forces - (survivors from the nomad attack on earth)