Author Topic: Massive performance issues  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Massive performance issues
It used to be a perfectly normal installation with regular performance, but it went to hell the day after, with everything running at seconds per frame. Even the intro cinematic.
A fresh reinstall of everything (FS2, FSO, etc) solved nothing. I'd adscribe this to a hardware issue, but no other game shows problems like those.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: Massive performance issues
Computer specs? Are you able to use some kind of "benchmarking" tool (HWINFO sensors tab, MSI Afterburner or similar things...) to check out where is the possible bottleneck?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
The game proved to work fine today.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Have you tried different builts/turning graphic options on and off?

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Yup. Tested 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 nightlies with everything off. No difference.
But everything seems to have fixed itself now.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Interesting. Well, without the things I asked for earlier it isn't really possible to think of what could have caused it, if it works - it works. Have fun! :D
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

But everything seems to have fixed itself now.

From working to horrible in moments and back for no reason - that's the magic of FSO.