Author Topic: Odd flickering issue with stars?  (Read 854 times)

Offline Iido

Odd flickering issue with stars?
I can't seem to find anyone else who has this issue...I know that the stars are supposed to twinkle/flicker some as you move, but for me it seems very extreme. It's happened for me in various campaigns, here is a small snippet from The Aftermath: Reboot showing what I mean.

https://youtu.be/dIy1yzC2k-M (It looks dimmer in this than it really is, because Youtube I guess, but you can see the issue maybe)

It may be specific skyboxes (spaceboxes?) that are effected. I've had the issue for a while, but never really thought to ask about it until now. I believe I first noticed the problem while playing Exile: Into the Dark Waters. Sorry I can't provide any more information. I've checked videos of these missions and no one else seems to have such extreme flickering as I do. Could it potentially be a resolution issue? I play windowed at 1024x768.

Or is this how it's actually supposed to be, and other peoples' videos have the same issue I do from YT compression? It just really stood out to me when I first realized how intense the flickering was and if it was always that way, I'm surprised I didn't notice before. I just wanna rule out any potential problems since it is quite distracting now when trying to look at the background planets and nebulae and stuff haha.