Author Topic: hud showing bomber wings.  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
hud showing bomber wings.
Hi all. a few months back one of our talented members was creating an updated wingmen HUD element that showed which of your wings were bombers etc.

Can anyone remember who it was, or post a link to it, plus some advice re how to install it (it will be my first time tinkering with FS files)

Cheers :-)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Re: hud showing bomber wings.
Thanks for the assist Colt. I'm glad some others will be using it! I would be happy to describe how to configure it, too.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Thanks for the assist Colt. I'm glad some others will be using it! I would be happy to describe how to configure it, too.

That would be great, thank you. I'm going to sound like a complete dumbass now, but the instillation instructions stated: Installation:
Download and copy the "cuswingmengag-sct.tbm" file into your data/tables folder...

I can't seem to find a Data/Tables folder. I'm guessing I'm not looking in the right place. Could you let me know what the filepath should look like so I can hunt it down? Is each campaign / mod supposed to have its own data/table folder or is it somewhere in the root FS2 / FSOpen folders?

Sorry for sounding thick. I'll be ok once I'm pointed in the right direction. This would be my first time tinkering with FS files, but I'm used to tinkering with files and folders for other games :-)

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam

That would be great, thank you. I'm going to sound like a complete dumbass now, but the instillation instructions stated: Installation:
Download and copy the "cuswingmengag-sct.tbm" file into your data/tables folder...

I can't seem to find a Data/Tables folder. I'm guessing I'm not looking in the right place. Could you let me know what the filepath should look like so I can hunt it down? Is each campaign / mod supposed to have its own data/table folder or is it somewhere in the root FS2 / FSOpen folders?

Sorry for sounding thick. I'll be ok once I'm pointed in the right direction. This would be my first time tinkering with FS files, but I'm used to tinkering with files and folders for other games :-)

If you're trying to make this work for an existing mod (let's say MediaVP's), then go to it's directory and create a data folder, then inside of it you create the tables folder and put the file in there. I think that should.