Author Topic: Freespace 2 Is Currently Being Given Away Free on GOG for 48 Hours!!  (Read 4019 times)

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Re: Freespace 2 Is Currently Being Given Away Free on GOG for 48 Hours!!
Making Knossos completely portable has been on my TODO list for ages. However, you can already copy&paste the Knossos library (the folder where the mods are installed into) to another computer, install Knossos there and select that folder. It should recognize the folder and allow you to launch any mod installed there.

A bit late but this is what the giveaway did to Knossos' download servers:

Keep in mind that that's only one of the three servers and downloads are distributed randomly... so take that times three and you can figure out how much traffic we got. For those curious what the (un)cache bandwidth means: The graph is from https://cf.fsnebula.org which goes through CloudFlare. The cached traffic was served from CF's servers and the uncached traffic came from my server.

And yes, we had a peak of 1.32 TiB in a single day there. A total of 4 TiB across all servers. I guess the preparation for a second coming of the Steam release paid off? I haven't seen anyone complain about broken downloads or download speeds.

Cool! :yes:

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Yeah, this definitely looks really cool. Also we've got to notice that lately quite a few new community members showed up on HLP Discord, too.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Another thing that could have bumped that a bit was that I posted about The Babylon Project and 400 or so people liked the post.  I included the link to Knossos to get the game.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
And yes, we had a peak of 1.32 TiB in a single day there. A total of 4 TiB across all servers. I guess the preparation for a second coming of the Steam release paid off? I haven't seen anyone complain about broken downloads or download speeds.
If my calculations are right, that would be the equivalent of almost 600 MediaVP downloads! I think those preparations definitely paid off.

Another thing that could have bumped that a bit was that I posted about The Babylon Project and 400 or so people liked the post.  I included the link to Knossos to get the game.
Awesome!  :yes:

That's pretty nice too! :)