Author Topic: What do you think happened after "Destiny Of Peace"?  (Read 178 times)

Offline CT27

What do you think happened after "Destiny Of Peace"?
The campaign "Destiny Of Peace" ended on a relatively conclusive note but it didn't tie up everything.

After the massive Terran victory in the Battle Of Manda against the Vasudans (2 Typhons, 2 Atens, and a boatload of Vasudan fighters/bombers destroyed in exchange for no Terran capital ship losses and light if any fighter/bomber losses), do you think the Vasudans would accept Terran sovereignty over Mandala Prime (and the Manda system as a whole) or would the war continue?

It's possible the Vasudan extremists who committed espionage against the Terrans through the campaign would want the war to continue or it's also possible they might have been discredited by the revelations about their activities and by the significant military defeat the Vasudans suffered in Manda.

What do you think the Vasudan emperor would do?

Offline AV8R

Re: What do you think happened after "Destiny Of Peace"?
I believe we had a discussion about this before. This was my take:

The Destiny of Peace story could be a fun arc to flesh out. I personally think that the (corrupt) Vasudans politicians who were involved in this situation may have put up a token resistance afterward or made idle threats (considering that this story happened in October of 2335, 4 years before the Vasudan Emperor disbanded their corrupt Parliament). But with remnants of the Shivan fleet around, the HOL still a viable threat and losing 2 capital ships in the Manda engagement, fighting a war on 3 fronts would have been almost suicidal - spreading Vasudan resources so thin that the very survival of the Vasudan race could come into question.

In fact, this massive defeat could have been the very catalyst that eventually lead to the disbanding of the Vasudan Parliament 4 years later. The shady, back room deals that caused the loss of a viable home world and thousands of Vasudan lives, now uncovered, could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the Vasudan people. Then, after investigations into the rout at Manda revealed the corruption, the public outcry could have forced the Emperor to act.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's actually really cool fanon. :yes:

I always had a big soft spot for Destiny of Peace...probably because it was far better than the canon Silent Threat campaign it was bundled with.

Offline AV8R

I agree. While Silent Threat: Reborn may have made the original story a little better, the overall scope of Silent Threat and the ridiculous battle at the end (especially the original where you had to defeat a huge destroyer by yourself while swatting away endless swarms of Lokis) made Silent Threat a disappointment.

Destiny of Peace, even for being as compact as it was, still had an more engaging and, dare I say, more believable story line than Silent Threat did - but its last mission is where it really shined. The final battle sequence was extremely well thought out and entertaining, yet still required a bit of strategy to make sure you minimized Terran losses and the Destiny made it out in one piece.

Best fan campaign ever.  :nod:

Offline CT27

I believe we had a discussion about this before. This was my take:

The Destiny of Peace story could be a fun arc to flesh out. I personally think that the (corrupt) Vasudans politicians who were involved in this situation may have put up a token resistance afterward or made idle threats (considering that this story happened in October of 2335, 4 years before the Vasudan Emperor disbanded their corrupt Parliament). But with remnants of the Shivan fleet around, the HOL still a viable threat and losing 2 capital ships in the Manda engagement, fighting a war on 3 fronts would have been almost suicidal - spreading Vasudan resources so thin that the very survival of the Vasudan race could come into question.

In fact, this massive defeat could have been the very catalyst that eventually lead to the disbanding of the Vasudan Parliament 4 years later. The shady, back room deals that caused the loss of a viable home world and thousands of Vasudan lives, now uncovered, could have been the straw that broke the camel's back for the Vasudan people. Then, after investigations into the rout at Manda revealed the corruption, the public outcry could have forced the Emperor to act.

Basically you think the Vasudan emperor would be willing to cede sovereignty of the Manda system to the Terrans to try and prevent a second Terran-Vasudan War?