Author Topic: Cutscene Upgrade Project  (Read 249038 times)

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Cutscene Upgrade Project
I'm sorry this happened and I'm glad to hear you're pushing forward regardless. You've been doing fantastic work on all these scenes and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Mjn, you've got serious artistic talent across several different disciplines.  I have greatly enjoyed everything you've shared with this community.  This isn't just a compliment for the sake of building your self esteem back up so that you "keep on trying."  Your products speak for themselves.  I've played bad mods and not enjoyed them.  Your work is fricking good.  It needs no defense, nor do you.  :)
"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day to day living that wears you out." – Anton Chekhov

Offline DefCynodont119

• Incorrect, Gorgonopsids did not wear sunglasses.
    • Steam
You go dude!

And remember, if you are ever unhappy with your past work, you can always remaster it later, you can't learn if you don't practice.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

fwiw I feel like you've been building upon the worst interpretation of what was said by interpretating it as a personal attack. This whilst all what was said is that tastes differ, perspectives differ, and the time of critique has obivously passed now that the project is in its final stages - at no point was said that you are a bad artist. You also kept agrressively pressing the other party to continue that conversation despite the other party clearly indicating they had no desire to. It really shouldn't have escalated the way it did, and there's a lot of things you could have done to prevent that.

I'm glad you're back, I just wish you never left.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:26:12 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

You didn't re-create this from scratch, did you? Just thinking about the Deneb III landscape in your fantastic ST:R ending video. ;)

I'm also thinking about how you'd go about this, assuming this is the FS2 intro cutscene - the Herc popping out of thin air is the one issue about that cutscene I remember best, but there appear to be other issues.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 07:40:04 pm by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 1340hrs UTC, #general
z64555
I highly doubt I'd be able to get enough precision with hand tools and a drill press to be able to make a good quality lathe
in fact, often its more expensive to try to build one from raw materials.  Unless you have access to a high-grade junkyard where you can salvage parts from

Mito [PL]
the hardest part would be the "table" everything is on itself
because well, nothing can beat a ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
yes

Mito [PL]
Actually, seasoned ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
seasoned? what, you added spices to the metal?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Anims: 420, Cutscenes: 10, Mainhalls: 7, Logos: 52
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • Mix-Hai Productions
Dealing with the Herc popping into existence is an easy problem to solve. Instead of just appearing over the damaged Orion, it flies in from behind it it. Boom. Solved. Most of the other canon inconsistencies like various ships being present have been "solved" by both ST:R and Deneb III campaigns and/or other fanon in terms of the Lucifer port-side beam.

I also take issue with the Wiki saying the Herc landing would be impossible and that it should have left a giant crater with nothing recognizable left. The Herc that gets shot down clearly still has several thrusters working even though is spews smoke all over the frame. One could assume a moderately chaotic but recoverable descent (hah! PUN) was possible.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - MixaelANITools - Between the Ashes - MjnMixael's Render Boutique - Mix-Hai Productions
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box - Photobucket Albums - Model Releases - Downloads
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!

Offline DefCynodont119

• Steam
Most of the other canon inconsistencies like various ships being present have been "solved" by both ST:R and Deneb III campaigns and/or other fanon

AHEM COUGH COUGH Legion's Demise AHEM.

:P

I really should update that some day. . .

I also take issue with the Wiki saying the Herc landing would be impossible and that it should have left a giant crater with nothing recognizable left. The Herc that gets shot down clearly still has several thrusters working even though is spews smoke all over the frame. One could assume a moderately chaotic but recoverable descent (hah! PUN) was possible.
Not to mention it's a space-future-tech space-fighter, who knows what else it might have in store to avoid going splat on a planet, or shield its pilot from g-forces.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Not to mention it's a space-future-tech space-fighter, who knows what else it might have in store to avoid going splat on a planet, or shield its pilot from g-forces.

If either one of you can rewrite that line so that it doesn't look like your point of view isn't a tacked-on argument, I don't think anyone will notice. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 17 March 2020, 1340hrs UTC, #general
z64555
I highly doubt I'd be able to get enough precision with hand tools and a drill press to be able to make a good quality lathe
in fact, often its more expensive to try to build one from raw materials.  Unless you have access to a high-grade junkyard where you can salvage parts from

Mito [PL]
the hardest part would be the "table" everything is on itself
because well, nothing can beat a ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
yes

Mito [PL]
Actually, seasoned ton and a half of strong steel shaped for the purpose

z64555
seasoned? what, you added spices to the metal?