Author Topic: Bem Cavalgar  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I recently started playing Bem Cavalgar. My initial thoughts.

I like the ability to choose the order which you undertake missions and how your success or failure appears to be affecting the overall war effort. Limited resources between missions and resource management is an interesting addition. I like it.

Beam equipped shivan ships inc. molochs in the great war? er, ...ok.

The enemy fighters and bombers are much more dangerous than in vanilla FS Port. Dragons and Basilisks circle strafe around you using multiple degrees of freedom, and do so very tightly, making getting a bead on them difficult - your rate of turn if using a mouse will struggle keep up with them.

Shivan primaries are not crappy any more. Compared to Vanilla FS Port they have a MUCH Higher RoF and much higher projectile speed - its like they are packing Balors! Jousting no longer a viable tactic if you do not want to take major damage.

Basilisk's shields are insanely strong. Remember fighting the first ****an you encountered in FreeSpace - you know, before you got the avenger cannons? Its pretty much like that. Except with basilisks. ALL THE BASILISKS. All of the time since Basilisks are common AF. At least they show up on radar.

This mod will kick your ass. This is a good thing.

It is the reason I looked into aim assist so I could use my HOTAS properly. It worked, and it helped - thank you to everyone who helped me get it working  :)

Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

I'm wondering whether any of this could be used if somebody would make a FS1 edit that's fun to play.. :nervous:

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
I'm wondering whether any of this could be used if somebody would make a FS1 edit that's fun to play.. :nervous:

Probably. I'm sure I saw somewhere on the wiki that there were settings which dictated the likelihood of enemy NPC ships circling the player, how tightly they would circle and how likely they were to strafe, move straight up and down etc. I imagine Bem C has cranked these values up high to get the shivans to behave like this. Doing similar with other mod's files (or creating anew one) might have the same effect.

Editing the tables to increase shivan primary projectile speed and RoF should have a similar effect - I'm guessing this is what Bem C is doing.

I'm also guessing that the basilicks insane shield strength is probably the result of a file / table etc edit.

Of course I know next to nothing about how Fs works under the hood so I might be talking out of my ass  :lol:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

That could be neat, I just remember that one time I played FSPort stuff got really exciting because I forgot some FurryAI tables in my MVP folder. I've never player BC but the way you describe it sounds like an interesting edit without completely changing things like adding beams on all ships or flak.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
That could be neat, I just remember that one time I played FSPort stuff got really exciting because I forgot some FurryAI tables in my MVP folder. I've never player BC but the way you describe it sounds like an interesting edit without completely changing things like adding beams on all ships or flak.
Having played through it five or six times, I definitely recommend it. :yes:

I probably give it a try someday. :nod: