Author Topic: N1 harbinger question:  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
Re: N1 harbinger question:
Also note: radioactive contamination might not be as much of a problem in FS1 era as it is currently. Not only due to medical procedures being literally centuries ahead of ours, but also there could be all that new tech that would allow for cleaning up results of bombs like these quickly and cheaply. There are even theoretised ideas about some of such mechanisms now.

With such, dirty bombs like the N1 Harbinger might be a way to only temporarily suppress colonisation efforts.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline spart_n

• I am the labeller of CringeTM and KinoTM
    • Steam
Just to throw in my two cents, but big giant nukes in an era of big giant nukes are probably meant for shock and awe than anything resembling tactical efficiency. If this was developed during the TV war then it just sounds like Terrans had it really deep against the Vasudans to outright get rid of them, resources be damned, probably because they expect to just move on to other systems.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Just to throw in my two cents, but big giant nukes in an era of big giant nukes are probably meant for shock and awe than anything resembling tactical efficiency. If this was developed during the TV war then it just sounds like Terrans had it really deep against the Vasudans to outright get rid of them, resources be damned, probably because they expect to just move on to other systems.

Spoiler:
Yes, I am going give GTA its Doomsday Machine in one of my campaigns
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Spoiler:
Yes, I am going give GTA its Doomsday Machine in one of my campaigns
Spoiler:
Well, as long as you don't keep it a secret, I'm sure everything will be fine :-)